Started by Dr. Pezus, May 02, 2018, 07:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Incredible day at Wimbledon today. Lovely tennis in this game right now

Dr. Pezus

Belgium 3rd place!

Interesting that England got only 3 wins out of 7 yet finished fourth. Wins against Tunisia, Panama and Sweden.

Xevross

Belgium 3rd place!

Interesting that England got only 3 wins out of 7 yet finished fourth. Wins against Tunisia, Panama and Sweden.
Well we did also beat Colombia on pens :P

But yeah, we got lucky, never really played that well. We could have easily gone out in the groups or round of 16 if luck wasn't on our side. I'm encouraged by how far we got, but we still have a lot of improving to do.

Dr. Pezus

Well we did also beat Colombia on pens :P

But yeah, we got lucky, never really played that well. We could have easily gone out in the groups or round of 16 if luck wasn't on our side. I'm encouraged by how far we got, but we still have a lot of improving to do.
31st out of 32 in shots from open play lulz. Really good in set pieces though

Xevross

31st out of 32 in shots from open play lulz. Really good in set pieces though
We were one of the only teams to properly work on set pieces it seems. That's good, but our open play really was lacking. It was annoying to watch sometimes.

Kerotan

England were average. They were blessed with the easiest run to the final since the 32 team format began. They weren't far off beating Croatia and making the final. I've no doubt France would have won though if they did.

Xevross

England were average. They were blessed with the easiest run to the final since the 32 team format began. They weren't far off beating Croatia and making the final. I've no doubt France would have won though if they did.
Yeah hard to argue with this. France would have battered us. If we played on the same day and didn't have extra time then it might have been a closer match, but given the circumstances I would have expected France to beat us something like 4-1 in the final. I expect France to beat Croatia 3-1 or 2-1.

Xevross

Well this is it. All this football and here we come to the last game. Lets hope its a game to remember!

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

France 3 - 2 Croatia I think. Should be an exciting game
World cup finals are usually tense, cagey and low scoing. 3-2 would be fantastic :o

Dr. Pezus

World cup finals are usually tense, cagey and low scoing. 3-2 would be fantastic :o
Well considering the teams I think this is realistic. Maybe 2-1

Xevross

Well considering the teams I think this is realistic. Maybe 2-1
Yeah I think a team will score more than 1 goal for the first time since 2002. Both teams have fantastic players, and more important they're both great on the counter with lots of pace, especially France.

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Holy shame what a goal. Croatia has been way better

Xevross

Oh no. That's not a penalty. VAR strikes in the worst way in the final :-\

Go Up