All-Electric Model X To Hit Production Lines – Is Tesla Ready?

Started by 7H3, Sep 08, 2014, 02:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

http://www.bidnessetc.com/25223-allelectric-model-x-to-hit-production-lines-is-tesla-ready/
Tesla Motors Inc's (TSLA) highly anticipated Model X is scheduled to hit roads mid-2015, and the company seems well on track to commence deliveries as scheduled. Independent green energy research website, CleanTechnica, has already reported that there will be a surge in reservations for the vehicle. For a fledgling automaker with a single manufacturing facility, this may not be good news.

Tesla went through a rapid two-week retooling session in July, and is about to start production for its upscale Model X SUV any time now. At a time when demand for SUVs is globally strong, and with Tesla's escalating brand value- due to its rock star Model S making 35,000 more deliveries compared to fiscal'13- a solid demand for Model X is well laid out.

I've been following this motor company for years and am excited for them. Hopefully they can keep up with the demand!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

I really hope they take off and become the next big automaker. Especially after that bullcrap about them being denied to sell their cars in a state or two because they're required to sell through a dealer instead of directly to customers. Which is little more than a scam that increases the price of the car by making you believe dealers are helping you.

7H3

I really hope they take off and become the next big automaker. Especially after that bullcrap about them being denied to sell their cars in a state or two because they're required to sell through a dealer instead of directly to customers. Which is little more than a scam that increases the price of the car by making you believe dealers are helping you.

I've only seen a few tesla's in the wild here in the DFW area... and I drool each time...
I actually saw a rocket car once as well that was crazy... :P

kitler53

really?  i hadn't heard about that.  i was super excited about tesla ~10 years ago but then i saw the price of their cars.  o.0    waay out of my price range.  still hoping they can be more mainstream at some point though.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

This has been pretty interesting, but it'll be way cooler once it's affordable. 

7H3

There is a charge station near where I live for electric cars, but its the only one I've seen so far