PS4 Sells 73.6m as of December 31st 2017 (5.9m in Holiday Season, Down YOY)

Started by Xevross, Jan 09, 2018, 12:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

Yeah, not to rattle anyone but that's what I like about Nintendo's financial dates. Anyway I want to see how the most successful flop of the century(Gran Turismo Sport) did dang it!
How dare you!!

Yeah, it's great how open Nintendo is with that kind of information, then again they are primarily a game company, so it makes sense that they'd go more in depth than the other two with their reportings.

Still it's annoying with Sony that they are so tightlipped and don't even get me started on MS.  

Cute Pikachu

Jan 09, 2018, 12:43 PM Last Edit: Jan 09, 2018, 12:44 PM by Cute Pikachu
How dare you!!

Yeah, it's great how open Nintendo is with that kind of information, then again they are primarily a game company, so it makes sense that they'd go more in depth than the other two with their reportings.

Still it's annoying with Sony that they are so tightlipped and don't even get me started on MS.  
Especially with how exclusives on the PS4 and Switch are selling better than ever. I don't see why not. ;D

I think the only sales number we know from Microsoft is Forza Horizon 3 was over 2.5 Million and Halo 5 Over 5 Million. Then again they haven't released much this gen so that's probably another reason..
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

Especially with how exclusives on the PS4 and Switch are selling better than ever. I don't see why not. ;D
I guess they don't want investors asking questions about certain gaming flops? I certainly wouldn't want to explain to investors why Sony decided that their money would be well spent on something like Knack 2.

Then again, they could just cap off their reports at 1 million units shipped like other companies do.

Cute Pikachu

I guess they don't want investors asking questions about certain gaming flops? I certainly wouldn't want to explain to investors why Sony decided that their money would be well spent on something like Knack 2.

Then again, they could just cap off their reports at 1 million units shipped like other companies do.
Just bundle Knack 2 with every PS4 slim. Instant Million seller. Then there wouldn't be any flops  ::)

Speaking of which what are you estimates on big Sony exclusives sales and shipments like Horizon, Uncharted, Zelda, and Mario?

DerNebel

Just bundle Knack 2 with every PS4 slim. Instant Million seller. Then there wouldn't be any flops  ::)

Speaking of which what are you estimates on big Sony exclusives sales and shipments like Horizon, Uncharted, Zelda, and Mario?
When did Mario and Zelda become Sony exclusives? :D

Anyways...

I would hope Horizon is 5 mil+ by now, due to agressive digital sales in recent months maybe it's approaching 6 mil.
Uncharted 4 I'd put at 11 million + or something?
GT Sport I'm guessing maybe around 4 million or so.
Bloodborne I would hope to be at 3-3.5 Million by now (fudgy hell Sony Japan, Knack 2, really?).
Zelda I'd guess it at 7 mil or so (SW + Wii U), maybe somewhat below, Mario between 8 or 9 mil.

Next year I'm mostly looking forward to Spider-Man's performance, I don't think we quite realize yet how huge that game could become assuming that it's actually good.

Cute Pikachu

Spider man will be the biggest PS4 Exclusive. 10 Million is likely. Especially with Infinity War Coming.

the-pi-guy

ethomaz

If anybody curious my first data extraction...

PAL Charts - Week 1, 2018 | Page 2 | ResetEra

MrTired said:  
How do you go from just over 50% digital for destiny 2 to 75% PUBG in 3 months?Click to expand...
In addition to it being a download code, PUBG is not overpriced digitally like full price games are.  

Go Up