Cube Royale end of the year update

Started by Legend, Dec 21, 2017, 02:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Well the last few months have had unexpected events that really restricted how much development progress I could make and as you've obviously noticed, VizionEck Cube Royale is not releasing in 2017. Another delay, who could have seen that coming!  :P

With that said, I'm feeling really good about the game. It's 98% finished and almost all of my time is now spent towards sorting out its release on PSN. Simply because I don't have the time for proper marketing, I probably won't make an announcement trailer until the game is gold and sitting on Sony's servers. Mentally I've become much more accepting of the fact that releasing VizionEck will be a bit messy and it'll act as a learning experience for future games. Also my PS4 Pro test kit should arrive before the end of December so I'll be able to quickly implement a mode for that.

My goal for 2018 is to release a total of 2 games during the year. I can't go another 5 years without releasing anything.

SWORDF1SH

I can't wait to play it. It's cool to know that it's just round the corner. I hope the hard work pays off Mikey!

O BTW! The second game better be VizionEck Adventure  :P

Legend

I can't wait to play it. It's cool to know that it's just round the corner. I hope the hard work pays off Mikey!

O BTW! The second game better be VizionEck Adventure  :P
I just hope the game releases and some people like it  8)

nnodley

I'm guessing you are going to win our bet by getting your game out first.  I still think mine is on track for June or July, so looks like you will be getting a free copy for winning the bet. lol.

Mine should be full speed ahead now as I have collectibles, and all my menus(that I bought for $20) set up now and all I have to do is get the menu looking good and then go full production on my assets and set building.

I too am looking at getting even smaller games out after this one, but I'm shooting for maybe every 8 months.

Legend

I'm guessing you are going to win our bet by getting your game out first.  I still think mine is on track for June or July, so looks like you will be getting a free copy for winning the bet. lol.

Mine should be full speed ahead now as I have collectibles, and all my menus(that I bought for $20) set up now and all I have to do is get the menu looking good and then go full production on my assets and set building.

I too am looking at getting even smaller games out after this one, but I'm shooting for maybe every 8 months.
Don't underestimate how long the release process could take. I have no idea what I'm doing and both America and Europe have slightly different rules. Certification itself could easily take 3 months of back and forth.

Are you planning to release on Steam? Nice to hear you're making progress. Menus freaking suck. I've slowly tortured myself into gaining experience with programing them, but I'm still very bad at making them visually pleasing.

8 months of development or 8 months between releases? See my problem is that I have so many games that are already in development and just need to be finished.

nnodley

Don't underestimate how long the release process could take. I have no idea what I'm doing and both America and Europe have slightly different rules. Certification itself could easily take 3 months of back and forth.

Are you planning to release on Steam? Nice to hear you're making progress. Menus freaking suck. I've slowly tortured myself into gaining experience with programing them, but I'm still very bad at making them visually pleasing.

8 months of development or 8 months between releases? See my problem is that I have so many games that are already in development and just need to be finished.
Yeah I'm just currently only planning on putting it on Steam.   I luckily found a good menu system on the unreal marketplace to buy that has everything already together.  The more I play around with it the more I understand how it works in unreal.  I did end up having to create my own collectible menu that would allow the player to go into the menu and look at collectibles they have found.   I'm not quite sure how to make some unlock while keeping others locked, but I'm sure I'll get it.  I've currently got a couple concept artist helping with some concepts of the some of the manmade objects/buildings so hopefully they can help on the menu side of things.  If anything I'll just try and take ideas of menus from games like TLOU, uncharted, horizon, etc. and hopefully getting something pleasing.  

And i'm hoping 8 months in between releases.  Now that I have some of the behind the scenes stuff done hopefully smaller games can go faster

SWORDF1SH

Dec 22, 2017, 10:55 AM Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017, 11:11 AM by SWORDF1SH
Yeah I'm just currently only planning on putting it on Steam.   I luckily found a good menu system on the unreal marketplace to buy that has everything already together.  The more I play around with it the more I understand how it works in unreal.  I did end up having to create my own collectible menu that would allow the player to go into the menu and look at collectibles they have found.   I'm not quite sure how to make some unlock while keeping others locked, but I'm sure I'll get it.  I've currently got a couple concept artist helping with some concepts of the some of the manmade objects/buildings so hopefully they can help on the menu side of things.  If anything I'll just try and take ideas of menus from games like TLOU, uncharted, horizon, etc. and hopefully getting something pleasing.  

And i'm hoping 8 months in between releases.  Now that I have some of the behind the scenes stuff done hopefully smaller games can go faster
What game are you making?

I just hope the game releases and some people like it  8)
I have a good idea for a game.
Mike Armbrust's Mike's Arm Burst.
It's a mobile game where you tap the screen to make a guy, called Mike, workout with a dumbbell. His arm will increase in size until it bursts. The goal is to burst his arm in the quickest time possible. Power ups, like steroids and protein shakes, will appear on the screen to collect and help increase the arm size quicker.
I really shouldn't tell you this because now you'll probably halt all current projects to make this awesome game.

nnodley

What game are you making?
Its going to be a small exploration game like Dear Esther and Everybody's gone to the rapture.  There is a lot of sci fi lore to it that you have to find in order to complete the game and have the end goal happen. Hoping it turns out as well as I hope, but I'm on a good track so far.  Just a matter of having everything feel like it belongs.

SWORDF1SH

Its going to be a small exploration game like Dear Esther and Everybody's gone to the rapture.  There is a lot of sci fi lore to it that you have to find in order to complete the game and have the end goal happen. Hoping it turns out as well as I hope, but I'm on a good track so far.  Just a matter of having everything feel like it belongs.
Now you have me interested. Do you have a blog or website?

nnodley

Now you have me interested. Do you have a blog or website?
No not yet, but it's on the list to do within the next 3 months hopefully. I want to get more of the environment fleshed out so I can make some videos and screens of it to put up.  I'm setting this game up as standalone, but if I find success in the lore enough and people react positively enough I'll keep trucking and make some more smaller games.  My ultimate goal is a larger single player cinematic game with inspiration from uncharted on set pieces and using a mix of interstellar and mass effect for a larger sci fi story.  But we will see what happens after this first game.

Cute Pikachu

I need something to get me off of Mario and AssCreed so hopefully it's good.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

SWORDF1SH

No not yet, but it's on the list to do within the next 3 months hopefully. I want to get more of the environment fleshed out so I can make some videos and screens of it to put up.  I'm setting this game up as standalone, but if I find success in the lore enough and people react positively enough I'll keep trucking and make some more smaller games.  My ultimate goal is a larger single player cinematic game with inspiration from uncharted on set pieces and using a mix of interstellar and mass effect for a larger sci fi story.  But we will see what happens after this first game.
Ok. Keep us updated. I would like to check out your stuff.

nnodley

Ok. Keep us updated. I would like to check out your stuff.
I do though have a personal portfolio site if you want to see my personal work(unless that what you meant anyway).  Most of it's quite old as I've been focused more on the game than updating my portfolio.

Nathan Nodley Environment Art

I'll post more on the game once I get a little farther

SWORDF1SH

I do though have a personal portfolio site if you want to see my personal work(unless that what you meant anyway).  Most of it's quite old as I've been focused more on the game than updating my portfolio.

Nathan Nodley Environment Art

I'll post more on the game once I get a little farther

I will check it out. See if you got mad skills  ;D
Please do keep us updated.

SWORDF1SH

Some nice work there nnodley . I've definitely seen some of your work before in a different thread.