Kotaku: High-Level Destiny 2 Activities Are Now Locked Behind DLC | Past obtainable items locked now

Started by Legend, Dec 07, 2017, 05:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Kotaku: High-Level Destiny 2 Activities Are Now Locked Behind DLC | Past obtainable items locked now | ResetEra

Making this thread for people who have plans on getting vanilla Destiny 2 or have it but don't plan on getting the DLC. I know there is an OT for the Curse of Osiris DLC but Imagine people in that thread already own that DLC so this wont really matter to them where the level cap is.  Kotaku said:  
If there's one thing that Destiny players love, it's being locked out of content until they pay money. Curse of Osiris is happy to deliver, gating off many of Destiny 2's high-level activities to anyone who hasn't bought the new expansion. Curse of Osiris, which came out Tuesday, raises the caps on Destiny 2character and Power levels. It also raises the requirements for endgame activities across the board, like the raid and Nightfall strike. Whereas in vanilla Destiny 2 the tougher, Prestige versions of both the raid and Nightfall asked you to have a minimum Power level of 300, they now want you to be 330.The problem here is that if you don't have Curse of Osiris, you're capped at 305 Power, and you can't actually enter those activities until you buy the expansionClick to expand...
More at the link. some user on reddit is also saying that the exotic raid shotgun is unobtainable with the realese of the DLC:https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...exotic_raid_shotgun_is_now_walled_off_by_the/ In case you weren't planning on getting the DLC but have Destiny 2, some user are reporting being able to get a refund on digital copies because of this. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...an_get_sonyms_to_refund_your_purchase_thanks/ In case you want to ask, my favorite activity is chasing bright engrams.  Ban me if old.  
@ethomaz thoughts?

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Bungie is looking for Designers to create "player progression behind lootboxes" | ResetEra

If you are not familiar with the topic, Bungie received quite alot of flak recently about various topics - the exp 'scandal' to boost lootbox incentive among them. Yesterday their first paid DLC released and offers around 2 hours of story content (50% of which is recycled) and various new items - half of which are locked behind the microtransaction store. Mind you, the dlc costs 20 bucks. Now Bungie is looking for more talent to "Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2's Bright Engram"https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/938163/senior-progression-designer---liveRESPONSIBILITIES
  • Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2's Bright Engram
  • Work closely with our Live leadership team to craft a long-term vision for the Eververse and its presence in the Destiny IP
  • Work closely with our Live product manager to analyze key performance indicators to inform design
  • Design and implement new features and systems with an eye on engagement, retention, and monetization
  • Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction
  • Work with Destiny 2 leadership to help define a cohesive monetization experience across multiple expansions and seasons
  • Manage the creative and craft growth of Progression designers on the Eververse team and help establish a strong design culture

darkknightkryta

Good thing I only care about playing through the story.  Which I shall be doing sooner than later.  Then deleting it off my hard drive.