First Screenshot from VizionEck Cube Royale

Started by Legend, May 26, 2017, 03:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Almost a year ago I talked about refreshing VizionEck's graphics, and this is more or less the result of that. It keeps the iconic look of the outlines while being softer on the eyes and more visually pleasing. To break it down:

• Colors are different. In the old VizionEck, I only had solid white, green, red, blue, and yellow. Gameplay involves the colors and I had convinced myself that changing them was not possible. Not anymore! Now every color in the game is tweaked as needed to produce a coherent color palette.
  • Grid lines are added within the main sections of surfaces. These make it drastically easier to parse the shape of an environment and know the state of a room.
  • There's a glow filter now. Makes everything so much softer. Kinda stupid I didn't have one before.

*This is a somewhat old screenshot and a few members have already seen it.

Dr. Pezus

SWORDF1SH

Hyyyype!
Looking sexier than banana wearing lipstick.

Ludicrous Speed

I'm colorblind as fudge. How do I enjoy this game?

Aura7541

Needs some shading, imo.

Legend

Needs some shading, imo.
IT's all shaders ;)

(You mean you'd like to see shadows and light sources?)

the-pi-guy

IT's all shaders ;)

My guess is that he wants to see some more colors on objects, not just outlines.  

Legend

My guess is that he wants to see some more colors on objects, not just outlines. 
No, must be solid blue!!!

I kid of course.

The environments are currently all just outlines. Light blue, dark blue, green, and red. Historically this has been because each colored surface causes a different effect on the player, but that's potentially been dropped. Now it's just done to look good.

Dr. Pezus

Select the inevitable colorblind filter?  8)

Legend

My brother is color blind too. Don't think it would be much of a problem with the default settings but I plan to have accessibility options.
Select the inevitable colorblind filter?  8)
I'm suprised smart TVs don't have standard colorblind filters.

Aura7541

IT's all shaders ;)

That and have surfaces have gradients of gray instead of a single shade.

Legend

That and have surfaces have gradients of gray instead of a single shade.
Oh the beta will be so fun just randomly trying out changes and seeing what ya'll think  :D