God of War OT - God of YouTube?

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Oh fudge me, I had to lower the difficulty in that reaver+draugr+heavy draugr fight

Xevross

Man there is so much side content in this game its unreal. A lot of it is high level though, so I get halfway through and then decide to do something else, which is kind of annoying.

Anyway, I've played probably over 10 hours today so its good to stop for now :D

Loving it so far, but it doesn't quite feel super top tier like TLOU yet. At least it'll be much longer.

darkknightkryta

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Went with normal.  
How do you have a hidden trophy already  :o

Man there is so much side content in this game its unreal. A lot of it is high level though, so I get halfway through and then decide to do something else, which is kind of annoying.

Anyway, I've played probably over 10 hours today so its good to stop for now :D

Loving it so far, but it doesn't quite feel super top tier like TLOU yet. At least it'll be much longer.
There's so much to it. I'm enjoying it more than tlou atm. If what I hear about the late game is true I'm not going to stop thinking that either!

Kerotan

I enjoyed my first 3 hours more then the last of us first 3 hours. But that game starts off slow anyway where God of war doesn't. Will be interesting to compare but God of wars setting appeals to me more so I'll probably prefer it. Sadly I'll probably only get another couple of hours in before Sunday night. Busy weekend. 

Oh and performance mode on a 1080p TV all the way. Resolution mode only looks a little better while standing still but performance mode is night and day better in motion. Everything is so much clearer. 

I won't be getting a 4k TV for a few years so can't wait for the inevitable 4k 60fps ps5 version

DD_Bwest

pretty good so far,  glad i could turn down the camera sway.  loving the combat.

all around i get vibes from other sony greats.  especially tlou.  some of the things the kid says reminds me of how ellie would bug joel.   after that first fight with the big dude i was wondring around looking to see if there was any chests etc and he said "um the house is over this way,  duh" lol made me laugh.  

Dr. Pezus

pretty good so far,  glad i could turn down the camera sway.  loving the combat.

all around i get vibes from other sony greats.  especially tlou.  some of the things the kid says reminds me of how ellie would bug joel.   after that first fight with the big dude i was wondring around looking to see if there was any chests etc and he said "um the house is over this way,  duh" lol made me laugh.  
Hehe yeah. Kid is pretty smart though and will help you a bit along the way. At least in the first 3-4 hours or so, where I am at

darkknightkryta

How do you have a hidden trophy already  :o
I don't even know which trophy that is :(
I have been taking time to explore.

Xevross

So far it doesn't seem like this game is revolutionary or anything, it just is put together very well.

The story is very minimal so far, and very basic. Reminds me of TLOU in that sense, the actual plot isn't that crazy but what makes the story great is the character and relationship building. I guess I'll see if GoW has as good a final act/ ending for a payoff of all this. I'm loving all the extra conversations they have when wondering around, so many other games would just be filled with silence but this fills every moment with something to listen to.

The side content is fun so far, but a lot of it is a bit longer than I'd like, I feel like I'm barely ever doing any story progression, which just adds to how slow the main plot feels right now.

Combat is, of course, glorious. I can't think of any 3rd person melee combat I've liked more apart from Bloodborne. Boss fights/ minibosses have been great too.

Overall around 12 hours in feels like around a 9.5/10 game so far to me. Hope it improves a bit to elevate itself to GOAT tier. Basically, the story just needs to pick up.

Dr. Pezus

I don't even know which trophy that is :(
I have been taking time to explore.
I guess it's for getting all collectibles in a set maybe? I didn't get that but got 7 out of 9 faces  :'(

I found out you cheated with the first boss info, Xevross lol. The kid mentions his name in the boat lulz

Xevross

I guess it's for getting all collectibles in a set maybe? I didn't get that but got 7 out of 9 faces  :'(

I found out you cheated with the first boss info, Xevross lol. The kid mentions his name in the boat lulz
Lol you caught me. Although I did look it up after that so I wasn't lying about the norse mythology ;D

Dr. Pezus

Lol you caught me. Although I did look it up after that so I wasn't lying about the norse mythology ;D
Indeed. I honestly should've remembered but I think Marvel has messed up my knowledge of the real mythology.

Xevross

Indeed. I honestly should've remembered but I think Marvel has messed up my knowledge of the real mythology.
Yeah I have very limited knowledge. This game is teaching me a fair amount though :P

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I have very limited knowledge. This game is teaching me a fair amount though :P
I love all the Icelandic in the game though lol, especially the pronunciation. I mean, most of the time it's close but still a bit weird. All the trolls have Icelandic names, the spells ('kveikja' means illuminate etc), the enemy types (draugr=draugur=ghost). Even the songs have Icelandic in them!

Go Up