God of War OT - God of YouTube?

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

So far it doesn't seem like this game is revolutionary or anything, it just is put together very well.

The story is very minimal so far, and very basic. Reminds me of TLOU in that sense, the actual plot isn't that crazy but what makes the story great is the character and relationship building. I guess I'll see if GoW has as good a final act/ ending for a payoff of all this. I'm loving all the extra conversations they have when wondering around, so many other games would just be filled with silence but this fills every moment with something to listen to.

The side content is fun so far, but a lot of it is a bit longer than I'd like, I feel like I'm barely ever doing any story progression, which just adds to how slow the main plot feels right now.

Combat is, of course, glorious. I can't think of any 3rd person melee combat I've liked more apart from Bloodborne. Boss fights/ minibosses have been great too.

Overall around 12 hours in feels like around a 9.5/10 game so far to me. Hope it improves a bit to elevate itself to GOAT tier. Basically, the story just needs to pick up.