UPDATE: Kojima to leave Konami after MGSV, senior staff made contractors

Started by Dr. Pezus, Mar 19, 2015, 01:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Sorry, but Konami is iced without Kojima.

DD_Bwest

Del Toro is doing that one. Kojima just had a hand in it.
but without kojima its still dead ;) lol

darkknightkryta

but without kojima its still dead ;) lol

Yeah without Kojima productions, the title is done.  I think Konami should just license their IPs out. I'm sure someone can do something for Castlevania.

Legend

Del Toro is doing that one. Kojima just had a hand in it.

Del Toro is directing it, while Kojima is both a director and producer according to wikipedia.

the-pi-guy

Ouch.
That'll hurt Konami big time. 

DerNebel

Please don't tell me this means Silent Hills is dead :(

Japan Studios should go on a freaking manhunt and hire that man and then make Silent Hills as a collaboration with Konami (which I kinda think they are doing already anyway, just a guess though), after that just let Kojima do his thing, I think he was always bummed about his lack of creative freedom at Konami and he should have more than enough of that at Japan Studios (see TLG).

Mmm_fish_tacos

Please don't tell me this means Silent Hills is dead :(

Japan Studios should go on a freaking manhunt and hire that man and then make Silent Hills as a collaboration with Konami (which I kinda think they are doing already anyway, just a guess though), after that just let Kojima do his thing, I think he was always bummed about his lack of creative freedom at Konami and he should have more than enough of that at Japan Studios (see TLG).

So much freedom he'll never have to produce an actual game! :)

DerNebel

So much freedom he'll never have to produce an actual game! :)

Pretty much, he can fudge around for years, give his input for crazy marketing ideas once in a while and shortly before retiring he can release his true magnum opus: parappa the rapper 4

FLGibsonIII

It would be funny if this was just Kojima being the troll he is. This is will be his biggest stunt yet.
All aboard the hype train.

the-pi-guy

"[Hideo Kojima is] extremely passionate about the Metal Gear series and understands the financial importance of each installment," the source close to Konami revealed to GamerCenterOnline. "But, he has always wanted to be involved in something new."

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2015/03/22/hideo-kojima-felt-restricted-by-konami-wanted-to-do-something-new/

BananaKing

seriously, sony should hire Kojima, give him his own studio, as much resources as he wants and tell him "do what ever the hell you want".

Dr. Pezus

Wth happens to the engine he created now?

Legend

Wth happens to the engine he created now?

Konami owns it right?

Dr. Pezus

Konami owns it right?
Yeah. They use it for Pro Evo lol

Go Up