Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Gaming Community / Re: Stellar Blade, 82 on metac...
Last post by nnodley - Today at 08:16 PM
aaaayyyyy. I might win this one
Another PS5 exclusive that surprised this year? (The other being Helldivers 2)
Off-Topic Community / Re: TV Show Thread
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 04:31 PM
Ted Lasso is fun. Does Apple normally do disc releases?
I'm not aware of them doing so. I'm assuming it's because Warner Bros is the production company.

Some speculation I saw was that Apple had a year of exclusivity and we are coming up to a year after the show finished.
Last post by Legend - Today at 04:21 PM
Ted Lasso is fun. Does Apple normally do disc releases?
Gaming Community / Re: Stellar Blade, 82 on metac...
Last post by Legend - Today at 04:20 PM
Stellar Blade - Metacritic

Stellar Blade Reviews - OpenCritic

Close race between all of our predictions. Glad it's not trash.

edt: wow this game might be amazing. Lots of reviews praising it and the main criticism seems to be that the English dub/writing could have been better. Everyone seems to like the combat.
Sitting at 84 on OC, 82 on MC last I checked.
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 04:03 PM
Supposedly Ted Lasso is getting a blu-ray release. Not confirmed and I haven't seen the series, but that's neat.

I almost feel like Warner Bros is treating physical media buyers better than they treat streaming subscribers.
I think they've removed a good 100+ movies and tv shows from Max. While they're releasing a bunch of stuff physically.

Movies and shows I'm looking forward to:
Scooby-doo on Zombie Island: May 7th
Monk Season 6: May 8th
Dune Part Two: May 14th
Bluey Season 3: May 28th
Monk Season 7: May 28th
Monk Season 8: June 18th
Columbo Part 2: Summer
Succession: TBA
The Boy and the Heron: TBA
Off-Topic Community / Re: Humanoid Robot Progress Tr...
Last post by Legend - Today at 02:23 AM
Tesla Optimus is doing test work in the lab, and will maybe do useful real work for Tesla car production later this year.

Will maybe go on sale to external companies late 2025, just a guess mentioned during the Q&A today.

Not sure how to compare that with the trial programs of other companies. Is the current stuff in the lab equivalent to the trial programs others are working towards, or is full integration more comparable? The demos people have released sure look more like busywork than real work.
Hopefully meta quest isn't being deprioritized. Yeah that'd suck.
There's a lot of good stuff in here. It's very cool that they're opening up the OS for other kinds of hardware and software vendors.

But I worry about a few things.

Is Meta going to be continuing their hardware and software R&D?

Was this the plan or is this an adjustment to something with lower expectations?
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10