RUMOR: Xbox 1, Xbox 2 and Xbox E3

Started by ethomaz, May 25, 2016, 02:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

May 25, 2016, 02:27 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:24 PM by ethomaz

The names are not officials.
I used them to have a ideia only.

Xbox Mini - Like Chromecast or Apple TV. Pricing point may be around $100.

Xbox One Slim - 40% smaller than Xbox One.

Xbox One 1.5 - This year with 4k output.

Xbox Two - New Architecture, VR enable for Spring 2017.

Xbox One UI for PC - More about the same ecosystem.

Raven

Lol no. They're not going to release a more powerful Xbox One this year and then release a brand new console months later or even a year later. The whole point of iterative consoles is to extend the life of the current platform so you can avoid the risks and costs of a brand new console. Not to mention, an Xbox Two would mean a 3 and a half year turn around for brand new hardware. In addition to that, the Xbox Two would have to be so much more powerful than the enhanced Xbox One, released merely months earlier, that the price will either be incredibly high or Microsoft decides to lose a shame load of money. If people thought PS4K would cause confusion, this would put people in a padded room.

kitler53

sounds like speculation.

those two are just contradictory.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

sounds like speculation.

those two are just contradictory.
1.5 could just mean upgraded hdmi for 4k output, like how hdmi was added to the 360 in a revision.

Doesn't need to mean 4k games.

Dr. Pezus

Xbox One 1.5 is a horrible name

DerNebel

May 25, 2016, 03:56 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:58 PM by DerNebel
Xbox One 1.5 is a horrible name
Well Xbox One is a pretty bad name in the first place.

So what's the point of the Xbox media stick?

Aura7541

At this point, you might as well just get a PC...

Legend

At this point, you might as well just get a PC...
Hence rumored device number 5!

DerNebel

Funny to see how the reaction of the fanbase to this is the polar opposite of the PS4 bases reaction to PS4 Neo rumors, reddits Xbox community is completely lapping this up (then again, they mostly doing that with everything Xbox).

Personally this much new Xbox hardware seems like a mistake to me, I mean releasing 3 new Xbox One iterations in the next 12 months? That's crazy.

Also I don't know why MS would hope to gain any ground in the market for media streaming boxes like the apple TV, seems fairly naive to me.

Aura7541

Sources: Smaller Xbox One Coming This Year, More Powerful Xbox One In 2017

Quote from: Kotaku
The two consoles form part of a wider Microsoft strategy, codenamed "Project Helix" according to one source, to converge Xbox and Windows. For a while now Microsoft has been clear that they want their two prestige brands to work together, as they've announced big new exclusives like Gears of War 4 and Sea of Thieves for both Xbox One and PC. Developer sources have told us that Microsoft's new mandate is to release future games-including the flagship Halo series-on both platforms. The recently-cancelled Fable Legends, which was playable across Windows 10 and Xbox One, was one of the first games to implement this strategy.

Legend

Aura7541

May 25, 2016, 04:29 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:31 PM by Aura7541
Wow that pretty much confirms this.
I guess we can say that the Xbox has become more of a service/reference PC than a console?

Legend

I guess we can say that the Xbox has become more of a reference PC than a console?
Yup, it's finally happening isn't it? We weren't fanboys predicting the end of xbox consoles, we were correct fanboys predicting the end  ::)

So Brad Sams, Tom Warren, and Kotaku are all corroborating this. That's even more than the PS4K at first.

ethomaz

WOW

I made the rumor thread more to talk about but the Kotaku article put a lot of weight in these rumors.

Legend

Go Up