Overwatch Review Thread: 91 OC (67 Reviews) 91 MC (59 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, May 24, 2016, 06:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Prepare yourself for awesomeness.

The Escapist - 5/5
These are all little nitpicks and personal preferences, more than anything. It's very clear that Blizzard has put in a herculean effort into polishing Overwatch, making sure that it feels great to play, has basically no bugs or glitches, and has a solid amount of content.
Twinfinite - 5/5
Just as Team Fortress 2 burst onto the scene and captivated so many with its charm, and accessible gameplay, Overwatch is poised to do the same with its sharp gameplay and likable characters. There's little doubt that the next great class-based shooter has arrived.
USgamer - Review in Progress
Naturally, I need to spend more time with Overwatch before I give it a final score. I'm having a blast with it now; but it's only been out a few hours (in addition to the open beta), and there's still plenty of time for its weaknesses to become apparent. But for now... wow. It sure seems like Blizzard has another mega hit on their hands.
Destructoid -10/10
Truly, I believe that we'll be seeing a lot more of Overwatch in the years to come. Blizzard has a great track record when it comes to long-term support, and given how good it is out of the gate, it can only get better from here. Blizzard has truly snatched victory from the draws of defeat.

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

ethomaz

Neverdies bought it and loves it too.
Online game only with NO ISSUE at launch.

Blizzard deserves the hat.

They were flawless.

Aura7541

Well deserved. My friends have played the beta and they loved it.

ethomaz

Legend

Dr. Pezus

kitler53

wow.

maybe i have to get this.  anyone else here buying it on ps4?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

wow.

maybe i have to get this.  anyone else here buying it on ps4?
Costs $60 on consoles but $40 on PC, we went PC.

ethomaz

GameSpot - Review in Progress
From the dozens of hours I've played in Overwatch's betas, it's clear that developer Blizzard has crafted a fantastic shooter worthy of praise on numerous levels. It manages to maintain focus, despite the complexities and variety of its cast, locales, and interlocking systems. However, because Overwatch's servers only went live today, we're holding our final opinion until we've tested the game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in real world conditions. If all goes well from a technical standpoint, Overwatch stands to be one of the best shooters in years.

BananaKing

Xevross

I didn't like the beta that much but it doesn't surprise me that people love it.

One of my friends bought it on ps4 and I might join him when my exams are done.

ethomaz