General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Yesterday the phone rang so I jump back out from my desk to get it. My rolling chair rolled over my foot and the big toe got stuck in the wheel.

Surprising amount of blood and I think my toenail might fall off  ::)
Not sure why Tacos liked this post.  
"A man is bleeding and his toenail is falling off.  That's what I like to see."  /s

This is why I never answer the phone
Agreed.  Too dangerous.

Legend

This is why I never answer the phone
90% of my phone calls are for a specific dude that's never lived here. Pretty sure a collections agency found our number and it's the only info they have on the guy.

Not too long ago they called pretending to be a long lost friend that heard he died, hoping to "trick" us into correcting them and giving more info.

the-pi-guy

90% of my phone calls are for a specific dude that's never lived here. Pretty sure a collections agency found our number and it's the only info they have on the guy.

Not too long ago they called pretending to be a long lost friend that heard he died, hoping to "trick" us into correcting them and giving more info.
That's when you start pranking them.  
"Hello, this is John's joker and meat house, you want it, we got it."
"we're looking for _____ ____"
"I'm not sure who that is, any idea how big he is? "

Okay, maybe not that.  Just something so outrageous they never call again.  

the-pi-guy

*forgot grandma's number, so I try looking it up on whitepages*
*finds it, clicks "phone number"*
*white pages instead decides to give me a full report of bankruptcies, criminal record, etc...*
*wants me to sign up to access it*

Well that's great.  

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

A middle school teacher gave this to her kids.  

Legend

the-pi-guy

Why does it say high school?
It sounds like several teachers took questions from a joke test.  

The L.A. Math Test : snopes.com
In 2007, Will Klundt, a teacher at Moriarty High School in Moriarty, New Mexico, incorporated the following question into the final exam he administered to his fall semester algebra freshman class:
Smoky J. sells meth. Smoky's source says he has to sell a G's worth of meth by the end of the month. If Smoky sold $240 the first week and $532 the second week, how much money must Smoky make if he wants to avoid the beat down from his connection?
Those named in these later examples are far from the first persons to have been disciplined for distributing the "L.A. Math Test." In 1997, six teachers at the Elsie Robertson High School in Lancaster, Texas, and another at the Norte Vista High School in Riverside, California, were suspended for doing the same thing. Likewise, in 1994, a Chicago elementary school teacher who gave a similar test was suspended for thirty days without pay and then resigned. Also in 1994, an Indiana high school teacher who gave the test apologized but was suspended anyway. And in 1993, a similar test was printed on phony school letterhead and passed around at workplaces in Redwood City, California.
The most recent one is this 8th grade teacher.
'Pimps and Hos' Math Test Earns Eighth Grade Teacher a Time Out - NBC News

Mmm_fish_tacos

Xevross

Well I just sat a horrific exam.

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion - The Student Room

These guys did the same one as me and their opinions are very similar to mine. God that felt awful. Its a good job I'm doing extra ones and don't need it.

the-pi-guy

Well I just sat a horrific exam.

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion - The Student Room

These guys did the same one as me and their opinions are very similar to mine. God that felt awful. Its a good job I'm doing extra ones and don't need it.
That last response....  Poor C0balt.  :/

Xevross

That last response....  Poor C0balt.  :/
Yeah I feel bad for the people who have to do well on this. My college is great because we do extra exams, meaning we have chances to slip up.

the-pi-guy

I have so little space on my phone that I am uninstalling stuff that came with it.  :P

Legend

I have so little space on my phone that I am uninstalling stuff that came with it.  :P
I did that on day 1  :P

Go Up