PlayStation Experience Is Finished!!!

Started by Legend, Nov 08, 2014, 05:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

7H3

I dunno I knew about the xb1 price drop about a week early thanks to the vendors
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

I dunno I knew about the xb1 price drop about a week early thanks to the vendors

Microsoft also announced the $400 SKU a month before it dropped. Different companies with different strategies and goals.

Legend

7H3

Microsoft also announced the $400 SKU a month before it dropped. Different companies with different strategies and goals.

well honestly it wasn't like the price drop took anyone by surprise... ps4 price drop prolly won't happen until next year, but it would be better if they did it sooner to stay competitive and keep that edge

Raven

well honestly it wasn't like the price drop took anyone by surprise... ps4 price drop prolly won't happen until next year, but it would be better if they did it sooner to stay competitive and keep that edge

A lot of people were leaning towards them announcing a price drop. They expected it at E3, though. The surprise came when they announced it a month early. I don't think Sony is dropping the price. Rather, they'll likely do what the leaked ad suggests. Add value to the $400 package. I don't know about you but if I didn't already have a PS4, seeing an offer for both GTA V and The Last of Us basically being free with a purchase of the console would sell me. You said those guys told you a week in advance that the price drop was happening. We're about 3 weeks away from Black Friday when the rumor suggests it's going to happen with these bundles. Let's see what happens. Regardless, I don't think Sony is terribly concerned about losing a month or two this year in one nation. Especially considering it'll likely be close anyways even after Microsoft drops the price again and gives away games left and right. I think people are making a little too much about the X1 potentially beating the PS4 for a couple months in just the US. Hey, the 360 lost the NPD more than a few times against the PS3. We know how that turned out.

7H3

the last three months of the year make up 2/3 of total sales on average... so if sony doesn't do something more than gta (best marketability potential) they are not going to gain that much potential sales... first time buyers of next gen in US will make up a great portion of the differential in sales totals as it stands right now. MS is poised to do very well this holiday (as per norm) while Sony is lacking the marketability because Japan makes the decisions weakly or too slowly in general for what happens in the US. So really what it boils down too this holiday is who has the better bundles and promos (historically MS does it way better in this season in the US). PS4 price point remaining at $50 with one free game while MS is offering 2 with AC bundle (Unity and Black Flag) is going to go a lot further than GTA or TLOU by a fair margin. The PS4 marketability is not going to hold up nearly as well with either rumoured bundle for the holidays over MS. It should still be close but MS will do a lot better than it has been and very likely do better than Sony this holiday.

Dr. Pezus

the last three months of the year make up 2/3 of total sales on average... so if sony doesn't do something more than gta (best marketability potential) they are not going to gain that much potential sales... first time buyers of next gen in US will make up a great portion of the differential in sales totals as it stands right now. MS is poised to do very well this holiday (as per norm) while Sony is lacking the marketability because Japan makes the decisions weakly or too slowly in general for what happens in the US. So really what it boils down too this holiday is who has the better bundles and promos (historically MS does it way better in this season in the US). PS4 price point remaining at $50 with one free game while MS is offering 2 with AC bundle (Unity and Black Flag) is going to go a lot further than GTA or TLOU by a fair margin. The PS4 marketability is not going to hold up nearly as well with either rumoured bundle for the holidays over MS. It should still be close but MS will do a lot better than it has been and very likely do better than Sony this holiday.

In the US, maybe. Worldwide they stand no chance against the beast that is PS4.

Also I don't believe the 2/3 of yearly sales take place in Oct-Dec thing. It's more like 1/2.

7H3

Also I don't believe the 2/3 of yearly sales take place in Oct-Dec thing. It's more like 1/2.

at best buy it's 2/3
and I think Sony maintains a much better brand appeal globally than it does in the US

Legend

2/3 is Merica. We love our holidays.

Legend

nnodley

HYPE!!!

*NOW DANCE* UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

NeverDies

Haha, I loved how that had little Joel and Ellie name stickers.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

the-pi-guy

DD_Bwest

yay!!! hype!!!

i wonder if we will get a freebee lol   destiny alpha,  PT..   

Dr. Pezus

Go Up