The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Legend

Creative Assembly developing a "brand new tactical FPS IP" | ResetEra

Was perusing around the CA careers page a bit and came across this. You'll have to a wait a good while for another Alien game I'm afraid.

https://www.creative-assembly.com/careers/view/lead-environment-artist/ofND6fwv

Creative Assembly's award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First Person Tactical Shooter IP.

This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Environment Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly's multi-award-winning team.
 The Lead Environment Artist will manage an excellent team, who will create a high fidelity, beautiful and believable world.

Key Responsibilities

As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the developing other artists.

As well as managing the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.

Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems, working closely with the wider development teams and design and concept, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.

Knowledge, Skill and Experience

Essential
  • Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
  • Exceptional Artistic ability
  • Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
  • Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
  • Willingness to engage with and master proprietary tools and systems
  • Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
  • Demonstrable hard surface modelling ability
  • Practical experience with Zbrush
  • A working knowledge of Substance
  • A strong comprehension of PBR
  • Two or more published AAA titles in an Environment Art capacity
Desirable
  • Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering package
  • Fundamental level design ability or experience
  • Lighting experience and ability
  • A practical comprehension of Post Production effects
  • Traditional Art skills

the-pi-guy

Name a terrible game you willed your way through just because the graphics were so good | Page 2 | ResetEra

Cordy said:  
I don't see how a game can be "terrible" and yet you will through it and it's not your job. I can see that for a game that's "ok" or even "not good" but not terrible. That's like, I don't get it. Idk I'm out of the loop.Click to expand...
His example, Afro Samurai, actually gives you a clear answer to why someone would will through a bad game, if you are a super hardcore fan of a franchise you might pull yourself through a shaming licensed game just because that's how much of a hardcore fan you are.  
Terrible games that you played because the graphics were good.  

- God of War
- Uncharted 4
- The Order
- Horizon: many people listed this one

Xevross

Jun 07, 2018, 12:07 AM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 12:09 AM by Xevross
So many people saying The Order. You must be kidding yourself if you call that game terrible. Sure it might be disappointing or bad for AAA standards, but its still a good game. I guess that's what the OP meant though, 'here's a free ticket to hate on the game you like hating on'. Its a dumb thread.

Literally no one in that thread has even mentioned a bad game, let alone terrible. But I guess that would be impossible, since any game with fantastic graphics is unlikely to be terrible as it will be well made.

Legend

Jun 07, 2018, 12:12 AM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 12:14 AM by Legend
Name a terrible game you willed your way through just because the graphics were so good | Page 2 | ResetEra

Terrible games that you played because the graphics were good. 

- God of War
- Uncharted 4
- The Order
- Horizon: many people listed this one
Aw so it's one of those threads.

I don't really get why you'd ever play a game solely for its graphics. Basically only makes sense if you have new hardware or are interested in the tech itself.

edt: read the question as good graphics, not visually pleasing.

the-pi-guy

So many people saying The Order. You must be kidding yourself if you call that game terrible. Sure it might be disappointing or bad for AAA standards, but its still a good game. I guess that's what the OP meant though, 'here's a free ticket to hate on the game you like hating on'. Its a dumb thread.
Did you play the Order?  

I mean, I agree, but I didn't remember you playing it.
It has some big problems, but I wouldn't consider it terrible.  

Xevross

Did you play the Order?  

I mean, I agree, but I didn't remember you playing it.
It has some big problems, but I wouldn't consider it terrible.  
Yeah, I played it at launch. Got the plat in about 10 hours and gave it an 8/10. I liked it quite a lot. In hindsight I'd give it more of a 7/10, but I think its still a good game. It has a lot of issues, but its solid at its core.

darkknightkryta

Not watching it
So my Spotify daily mix has Kingdom Hearts playing as I scroll down and see this.

Xevross

Paladins crossplay is coming between Xbox One and Switch. Sony isn't keen on it according to the devs. God dang nabbit Sony, don't drop the ball on this!

Dr. Pezus

Paladins crossplay is coming between Xbox One and Switch. Sony isn't keen on it according to the devs. God dang nabbit Sony, don't drop the ball on this!
What game is that

Xevross

What game is that
You don't know Paladins?!? Its only one of the hottest almost dead Overwatch clones around!

Legend

You don't know Paladins?!? Its only one of the hottest almost dead Overwatch clones around!
And it added a battle royale spinoff, now called Realm Royale.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm glad I didn't decide to shorten my game's name to just Cube Royale. Everyone will think it's a battle royale game anyway, but at least it's more wordy.

Xevross

Remakes of Firing Range, Summit, Jungle and Slums are going to be in Black Ops 4. fudgy yes, Firing Range is my all time favourite map! I love Summit and Jungle too, and Slums is probably my favourite BO2 map. Awesome stuff!

Oh man Black Ops 4 is going to be soooooo good.

the-pi-guy

Xevs interest in BO4: +5

Xevross

Jurassic World Evolution is getting very mixed reviews. 4.8/10 from IGN. Ouchies. Guess I'm not getting it.

Go Up