What type of topics would you like to see more of?

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 28, 2014, 07:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

I think the ideia of LTTP and RTTP of Basil can work like to this bookclub...

It is like a mini review opened to guys that played the game and others that want to play... works really great on GAF and you don't need to play the games at the same time.

It is a great ideia.

Legend

What even are lttp and rttp threads?

I just thought late to the party = review of an older game.

ethomaz

What even are lttp and rttp threads?

I just thought late to the party = review of an older game.

LTTP (Late to the party) is your thoughts about playing the first time a game after the hype died.
RTTP (Return to the party) is your thoughts about a old game that you are replaying the second time.

Examples...

Most people played Titanfall... if I will play it today I will use LTTP to describe my experience... and if I will play today for example Super Mario 64 again I will use RTTP to describe my second experience (or third, etc).

RTTP is interesting because you played a game in the old days and loved it in every single way but playing it today will five a new view of the facts and gameplay... like if you play BioShock today you will think the gameplay archaic.

It is not a reivew btw it is your opinion about the game opened for discussion (it can be a review).

ethomaz

Aug 29, 2014, 06:01 AM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014, 06:03 AM by ethomaz
Ops... I forgot to day LTTP and RTTP is not related to games in any way.

I can buy today a PSP and talk about it in a LTTP thread... or a peripheral/accessory... manga/anime... etc.

RTTP in mangas/animes are awesome... for example I'm in my third RTTP with One Piece manga... everytime in a difference period with different view of what happened... for example the last RTTP was after I know about Haki and it changes everything because the author shows the Haki since the first chapter of the manga but you just know it is important/named after the chapter 300 or 400.... so it gives you a wya better comprehension over everything with more awesome details you can't see in the first read.

Yeap I can go more death even with games :D I'm a nerd guy after all.

I think that is what Basil want and I agree it is really cool to focus the community more in this cult aspect than sales data.

Xevross

Bookclub sounds like homework. Me no like homework. Me has Destiny to play soon

Legend

Moved to the correct section.

Go Up