God of War 4: do you really want Norse Mytholology?

Started by Legend, Aug 16, 2014, 03:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Norse or Egyptian Mythology.

Mainly Norse mythology.

plox ;x.

BasilZero

Egyptian, Norse or "modern" mythology (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. all in one!)

"Modern" religion wouldnt make sense though especially the abrahamic religions (since there is only one deity and has no equal) although Hinduism kinda falls in line with Egyptian and Norse mythology style due to the fact that there are so many deities that can be considered as a equal or ranked however I feel they still shouldnt make a game based around it for the fact respecting another's beliefs even if you do not believe in it.

Dr. Pezus

"Modern" religion wouldnt make sense though especially the abrahamic religions (since there is only one deity and has no equal) although Hinduism kinda falls in line with Egyptian and Norse mythology style due to the fact that there are so many deities that can be considered as a equal or ranked however I feel they still shouldnt make a game based around it for the fact respecting another's beliefs even if you do not believe in it.

One deity but they have way more potential characters than that.

kitler53

i don't want the norse mythology either.   ..it would just feel too spin-offish imo.  i just can't envision a good transition from greek to any other religions gods.

so
A) lay GoW to rest.  still make another game in the genre but use completely new ip.   feel free to borrow what works from GoW for the new IP but at the same time challege all of the established ideas and make some new ones.   i for one could could live without the X X X X X X button mashing mini game to open a chest.
B) turn the franchise around.  kratos killed off all the greek gods leaving the world in chaos.  that means kratos needs to be killed to make way for the new religions and societies of the modern era.   kratos must die so let me be the one to kill him.     not sure how well this idea was really work but still better, imo, than norse mythology.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Vita!

I have really enjoyed all of the God of War games, even Ascension ;) , so I'd hate for the series to end. Here are some of my wishes:

• Multiplayer Only: Like Ascension, but even better! Just a fun game where the story doesn't matter. Could even use classic scenes from the previous games as maps.

•    
  • Direct Sequel: GOWIII ended on a cliffhanger. I would very much like to see that story continued. Kratos wouldn't have Zeus or the other gods to deal with, but there are still plenty of bad people left in the universe. The main antagonist could be Athena.

•    
  • Aliens: Do you guys know the ancient alien theory? Well in GOWIV new "gods" could come down from space and start taking over the world. This one would be really incredible.

BasilZero

One deity but they have way more potential characters than that.

To what are you referring to? o.O

Slayer

I have really enjoyed all of the God of War games, even Ascension ;) , so I'd hate for the series to end. Here are some of my wishes:

• Multiplayer Only: Like Ascension, but even better! Just a fun game where the story doesn't matter. Could even use classic scenes from the previous games as maps.

•    
  • Direct Sequel: GOWIII ended on a cliffhanger. I would very much like to see that story continued. Kratos wouldn't have Zeus or the other gods to deal with, but there are still plenty of bad people left in the universe. The main antagonist could be Athena.

•    
  • Aliens: Do you guys know the ancient alien theory? Well in GOWIV new "gods" could come down from space and start taking over the world. This one would be really incredible.

those all sound kinda cool. Ive played god of war 3.

Vita!

those all sound kinda cool. Ive played god of war 3.

If you can, try to play God of War 2. It's my favorite.

Dr. Pezus

To what are you referring to? o.O

Like with Christianity they could have some angels, the devil and maybe some others

Max King of the Wild

Like with Christianity they could have some angels, the devil and maybe some others
There is definitely stories to pull from to make a game of it. However, the backlash they'd get from the church would be insane. Still be a  cool game.

BasilZero

They already tried that.....and didnt come out quite right...

BananaKing

Dr. Pezus

They already tried that.....and didnt come out quite right...

Santa Monica did not try that lul

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Go Up