No Man's Sky Photo Thread

Started by GribbleGrunger, Mar 30, 2017, 04:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

GribbleGrunger

I've decided to start taking photos again because this game has improved so much:

GribbleGrunger

Mar 31, 2017, 05:44 PM Last Edit: Mar 31, 2017, 05:56 PM by GribbleGrunger
Just a couple of your every day NMS environments:

GribbleGrunger

This game, man ...

nnodley

Whenever I can jump back into the game, I'll join you in posting some images!!   ;D

SWORDF1SH

Whenever I can jump back into the game, I'll join you in posting some images!!   ;D
Same!

GribbleGrunger

Apr 08, 2017, 02:14 PM Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 02:17 PM by GribbleGrunger
Same!
Whenever I can jump back into the game, I'll join you in posting some images!!   ;D
When you do eventually jump back in, start from fresh with Survival mode. Trust me, although the game has been balanced much better now, it comes into it's own in Survival mode. And no excuses either. If a 58 year old man like myself can cope with Survival mode then I'm certain you two can.

And just so you can feel the real impact of the graphical improvements, load it in without the updates and play for an hour first. Then load in the updates.

GribbleGrunger

Apr 08, 2017, 06:04 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 10:30 PM by GribbleGrunger

SWORDF1SH

I wish I can get into this again. I lasted 10 minutes before I gave up. Sorry no screenshots from me.

GribbleGrunger

Apr 10, 2017, 06:03 AM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 06:07 AM by GribbleGrunger
I wish I can get into this again. I lasted 10 minutes before I gave up. Sorry no screenshots from me.
What is it about the game that bothers you? Did you play Survival as I suggested? Trust me, persevere until you've mastered the system and it will suddenly click. There's a reason more and more youtube channels are starting to play NMS, lots of people like watching as well as playing and the Reddit community is one of the biggest there is. Just push on and forget what was said about the game. 

GribbleGrunger

Don't get all Freudian on me.

SWORDF1SH

What is it about the game that bothers you? Did you play Survival as I suggested? Trust me, persevere until you've mastered the system and it will suddenly click. There's a reason more and more youtube channels are starting to play NMS, lots of people like watching as well as playing and the Reddit community is one of the biggest there is. Just push on and forget what was said about the game.  
I bought the game on what they promised and that appealed to me. The game still isn't what they promised. I don't want to play survival because it's not my thing. I'm not denying it's a robust game though.

GribbleGrunger

I bought the game on what they promised and that appealed to me. The game still isn't what they promised. I don't want to play survival because it's not my thing. I'm not denying it's a robust game though.
But how do you know it's not what they promised if you haven't played it for long? Don't listen to all the nonsense the media put out, most of that was misinterpretation of lies. There are a few things Sean promised would be in the game and isn't, but largely speaking the game is close to what he described initially and more than what he promised eventually. Tell me what you think was promised and I'll tell you whether it's fake or true. Trust me on this one, I've never followed a developer or game so intently.

GribbleGrunger

Apr 11, 2017, 03:14 PM Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017, 03:18 PM by GribbleGrunger
Just playing with the lighting makes so much difference. It's also handy that you can mine a lot of stuff so if you really take your time you can change the way something looks by removing some of the trees or the rocks. I didn't do that here but I have in other shots. I'd like to have trimmed the bottom left of my Alice in Pirate Bay shot:

SWORDF1SH

But how do you know it's not what they promised if you haven't played it for long? Don't listen to all the nonsense the media put out, most of that was misinterpretation of lies. There are a few things Sean promised would be in the game and isn't, but largely speaking the game is close to what he described initially and more than what he promised eventually. Tell me what you think was promised and I'll tell you whether it's fake or true. Trust me on this one, I've never followed a developer or game so intently.
The biggest thing is no ending. I can't find the drive to playing it just to survive.
I haven't seen any media talking about the game and you know I had the 'judge it for myself' when the reviews rolled in.
You like the game gribs and I can no longer find a reason to play. But I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just isn't for me.

GribbleGrunger

The biggest thing is no ending. I can't find the drive to playing it just to survive.
I haven't seen any media talking about the game and you know I had the 'judge it for myself' when the reviews rolled in.
You like the game gribs and I can no longer find a reason to play. But I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just isn't for me.
Well, that's fair enough but there ARE goals. It's not really a game to play to an end. It's like Minecraft in that sense. But, if you don't like it, you don't like it. :)

Go Up