NPD September '16 Results - XB1 #1, NBA 2K17 #1

Started by SWORDF1SH, Oct 13, 2016, 11:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

Oct 13, 2016, 11:45 AM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2016, 02:23 AM by SWORDF1SH
Thanks to @AstronautClaire for all the NPD data.

All software data physical unless stated

Hardware Results:
PS4 - 285.3k, ~175k Blops III bundles, -19.3% YOY, $87M, avg selling price $306.10
XB1 -  332.8k, +54.3% YOY, $100M, avg selling price $299.57
Wii U - 36.3k, -58.9% YOY, avg selling price $298.59
PS3 - 40.9k, +54.3% YOY, average selling price $152.50
PSV -
3DS -

Notes: XB1: #1 Console Notes: - "The Xbox One brand was the best-selling hardware for the month and accounted for 37 percent of all hardware units sold," said Naji. - "The 3DS experienced its fourth consecutive month of increased hardware unit sales compared to last year," explained Naji

Software Top 10
  • NBA 2k17 - 1306k, +18% over NBA 2k16
  • Madden NFL 17 - 727k, 788k with bundles, -14% over Madden NFL 16
  • Fifa 17 - 444k, -30% over Fifa 16
  • NHL 17 (Electronic Arts)
  • Bioshock: The Collection (Take-Two)
  • Destiny: The Collection (Activision Blizzard)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two)
  • Overwatch** (Activision Blizzard)
  • Forza Horizon 3* (Microsoft)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)

Software Released This Month:

Forza Horizon 3 - ~150k
Bioshock Collection - ~150k
WoW: Legion - ~100k
Recore - <50k

Other Data:

GTA V - 152k
Uncharted 4 - ~100k including bundles
Overwatch - 82k, over 1M LTD on consoles
No Man's Sky - ~50k
Dragon Quest VII 3DS - ~35k
Yo-Kai Watch 2 - ~35k
XCOM 2 - <25k
Just Sing - ~3k
Rainbow Six Siege - ~40k
The Division - ~40k

Last Month
PS4 - 160k
XB1 - 274.8k
Wii U - 22.8k
PSV -
3DS - < 149k

Last Year
PS4 348k
XB0 288k
3DS ~125k
Wii U 88k

Last Month Last Year
PS4 209k
XBO 202k
3DS 77k
Wii U 43k

PR Statements:
Microsoft

"Thanks to our fans, Xbox One was the best-selling console in September in the U.S. for the third month in a row according to NPD Group as well as the best-selling console in September in the U.K. according to GfK Entertainment UK. In addition, Xbox One was the only gen eight console to see year-over-year growth in September in the U.S., Australia, the U.K., and many other countries worldwide. This success was driven by our fans and their support for Xbox One S, which is the only console available this holiday with built-in UHD 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and HDR for gaming and video. We received an incredible response to Forza Horizon 3, the No. 1 first-party title for September in the U.S., Australia, and U.K. according to NPD Group and GfK Entertainment UK. Global engagement on Xbox Live - the fastest, most reliable gaming network - continues to grow and the number of unique multiplayer users increased 57 percent year-over-year. With the blockbuster launch of Gears of War 4 for Xbox One and Windows 10 this week and the upcoming release of Clubs and Looking for Group on Xbox Live alongside the launches of Dead Rising 4, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy XV, Titanfall 2, and Watch Dogs 2 in the coming months, Xbox is the best place to game this holiday."
Xbox One outsold PlayStation 4 again in September | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb

Past data courtesy of Aquamarine and The NPD Group

Archive:
2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2014:                     Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

princevenom

i think ps4 will win according  to amazon monthly chart

Legend

Nothing yet?

Also you can make a countdown or even just use an event. That way the timezone is automatically converted for people.

SWORDF1SH

Nothing yet?

Also you can make a countdown or even just use an event. That way the timezone is automatically converted for people.
Nothing yet, we should at least get some PR soon.

GribbleGrunger

Aura7541

Aura7541

Dr. Pezus

Legend

CALLED IT!

The XBO is doing a comeback!

Now it just needs to win october too and I'll fully win the bet.

GribbleGrunger

Oct 13, 2016, 10:38 PM Last Edit: Oct 13, 2016, 10:40 PM by GribbleGrunger
CALLED IT!

The XBO is doing a comeback!

Now it just needs to win october too and I'll fully win the bet.

Well, that's a shame :)

I know the Amazon thread is relatively new here but it's now only been wrong ONCE (Sep) in 3 years.

Legend

Well, that's a shame :)

I know the Amazon thread is relatively new here but it's now only been wrong ONCE (Sep) in 3 years.
It's been wrong before depending on how you add up bundles. Was so much simpler when it was just 1 SKU for each.

GribbleGrunger

It's been wrong before depending on how you add up bundles. Was so much simpler when it was just 1 SKU for each.
Yeah, it was much easier with only one SKU. I wonder why it was wrong this time though? I know there were retailers selling exclusive deals with the OG XB1 and that probably had an affect but in the past it's only ever made the gap smaller, not overturned the result.

SWORDF1SH

Yeah, it was much easier with only one SKU. I wonder why it was wrong this time though? I know there were retailers selling exclusive deals with the OG XB1 and that probably had an affect but in the past it's only ever made the gap smaller, not overturned the result.
It was close, other retailer deals swung it.

Aura7541

September is also the month where the XB1 has gotten its first 90+ MC 'exclusive'. Coincidence? I think not :P

In all seriousness, Turn 10 did a terrific job with Forza Horizon 3.

Go Up