Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Gaming Community / Re: Death Stranding Trailer
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 10:43 AM
Glasses look different in the photo
He has no hair??
Hideo retweeted this

Off-Topic Community / Re: TV Show Thread
Last post by Mmm_fish_tacos - Today at 05:33 AM
They really just did that in The Walking Dead.  

HUGE SPOILER BELOW!
Spoiler for Hidden:
killed carl(by bite) and diverge from his storyline in the comics by a lot considering he is still alive in it.

Thats battleship. They could have recast his character. Not close his story line. People would have gotten use to it after a few episodes.
Last post by Mmm_fish_tacos - Today at 04:14 AM
Watching now. Ill read your comment in about an hour and a half.
Last post by nnodley - Today at 04:05 AM
They really just did that in The Walking Dead.  

HUGE SPOILER BELOW!
Spoiler for Hidden:
killed carl(by bite) and diverge from his storyline in the comics by a lot considering he is still alive in it.
So theres are the real numbers?
Off-Topic Community / Re: Predict the future
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 02:08 AM
10 is a good prediction.  
11 kinda scares me.  
Off-Topic Community / Re: Predict the future
Last post by Legend - Today at 02:03 AM
Two more from me.

10. Most disabilities will have very little impact on people's lives. Prosthetic limbs will be cheap and almost as functional as the real things. Just like glasses and contacts today, they'll feel minor and not considered defining features of the people that use them. Surgical amputations will be thought of as major events but not necessarily negative events. It'll be no different then getting bones and joints replaced by mechanics today. Blind people will see through cameras. At first this will be to augment their lives and describe in English what is seen, but eventually the camera images will be pumped directly into the brain. Mute people will have kinect like trackers that can translate sign language in real time, allowing them to communicate with anyone. Similarly, deaf people will have AR glasses that can put in writing all the sounds they're hearing. Eventually this too could be pumped directly into the brain.

Prosthetic limbs are already right at the edge of being this advanced. I'd give them another decade to become cheap enough to become common and the 2030's will be when they become standard. Robot advancements will be the big thing pushing this tech forward.

Apps are already in testing for assisting blind people. The software will be good enough within a couple years but it'll take a bit longer for it to migrate from a phone app to a headset with cameras. I'd guess 5 years before the first serious prototypes and another 5 years before it becomes popular as a smartphone add on. A few decades are needed before the cameras connect directly to the brain and skip converting it to audio.

Sign language translating is also already in testing. The software is almost good enough when using high quality finger tracking cameras. For specialized uses like with video calling on a laptop, this could be popular really soon. For day to day use, finger tracking hardware is the thing holding it back. I could see this taking a long time, around a decade or so, since I don't know of many other fields that would help push this tech. VR could do it, sensors in headset track hands and fingers to put them in game, or VR could focus on gamers holding controllers or wearing gloves.

Audio to text will be in the 2020's. It's pretty simple and already exists in simple versions. Another decade and it should be very high quality.

11. All cities and densely populated areas will become zoo like with their animals. Wild animals will be killed off and 100% eradicated from the cities since they cause tons of problems for society. In their place, monitored animals will be added to keep parks and places pleasing to the public. Squirrels could be sterile, teeth filed, and have invisible fences like some dogs. Pigeons, hawks, rabbits, etc. would all be the same. This may sound ludicrous, but it's exactly how plants are today. Every bush, shrub, tree, and grass in a city is placed there and controlled. It requires an incredible amount of maintenance but we like the look so we do it anyway.

This is much much farther future than my other predictions but I expect we'll see it starting before the end of our lifetimes.
Alight. I just wanted a clarification on how good you expected December to be.

900k for switch isn't bad, it's just average.
I'm expecting 1.4-1.5 Million Switch
with xbox and PlayStation at 1.2 and 1.3 Million respectfully.
Game News Discussion / Re: Days Gone 2018 confirmed
Last post by Kerotan - Today at 12:29 AM
Well I think God of war in march.

Spiderman and detroit at different ends of the summer and days gone in Q4. Sony probably don't want any of them releasing any later then October.

Looking like a decent year especially with Dq11,  Mhw, rdr2 and a few others thrown in.
Gaming Community / Re: Death Stranding Trailer
Last post by the-pi-guy - Today at 12:28 AM
an aging compound doesn't make any sense and would be lazy writing if it's used to age babies. Plus this trailer shows the plants aging in a fast time way without any goo. Plus plus no one else has aged who's interacted with the goo.
Yep.  This is why I think it's junk.  

The second one, I think seems like plausible inspiration.  I don't think it's the truth though.
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10