Sony Santa Monica shut down: the end of an era :(

Started by Legend, Aug 29, 2014, 11:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

And reopened not too far away as Santa Monica Studio!

Slayer

Ha ha ha you got me tricked

Xevross

My heart skipped a beat. Just a single beat. It didn't take me long to realise.

BasilZero

dang, you almost scared me too - these guys are like my most fav first party dev from Sony (well until I get intact with Naughty Dog's games :P)

Legend

Yes!

Thread title is working. Muwahahaha

Raven

I wonder if they're going to build back up over the next couple years. Being in a bigger place with a better setup might make it easier.

nnodley

I wonder if they're going to build back up over the next couple years. Being in a bigger place with a better setup might make it easier.

Pretty sure that is what the plan is!  Seems they purposefully want to grow into a huge studio, whereas it seems like a lot of places like staying smallish.

BananaKing

Dr. Pezus

I got a heart attack but managed to push on my chest to the beat of Stayin Alive and recover.

7H3

not cool dude not cool! Was worried I would never play another fat princess or mod nation racers
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

nnodley

Seems I was the only one who knew what he was talking about.  I saw earlier in the week they would have a video about them moving to their new studio and figured this was what he was posting about.  Y'ALL JUST DUMB! :-P

Raven

Seems I was the only one who knew what he was talking about.  I saw earlier in the week they would have a video about them moving to their new studio and figured this was what he was posting about.  Y'ALL JUST DUMB! :-P

Nah. I had already read the Dualshockers article. We're like twinkies.

nnodley

Nah. I had already read the Dualshockers article. We're like twinkies.

Yay!! Time to go get our freak on!! YEAH!

Raven

mustacheman

Not bad. You had me for a moment!