Polygon: CoD Black Ops IIII might not have a proper SP campaign

Started by Legend, Apr 17, 2018, 07:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Polygon: CoD Black Ops IIII might not have a proper SP campaign | ResetEra

When reached for comment, an Activision spokesperson said, "We don't comment on rumor and speculation. We look forward to revealing Black Ops 4 on May 17th." The sources, who asked for anonymity, said that as Black Ops 4's release date approached, it became evident that development on the single-player campaign wouldn't be completed. One source said Treyarch has since focused Black Ops 4's development on expanding multiplayer and the series' popular Zombies mode. The source described an emphasis on cooperative modes as a potential stand-in for the typical single-player campaign experience.Click to expand...
https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter Acti what is you doing  

the-pi-guy

A shame.  

Although I didn't buy any of the Black Ops games for their single player, most of them were pretty good.  

Dr. Pezus

Uh oh. I bet they'll have a battle royale mode

Ludicrous Speed

Now that they're fully embracing the microtransaction model, which took WAY longer than I thought it would take them, idk why they bother with SP at all.

They could easily go the Fortnite route and release completely free and people would buy the hell out of all of the content. That has to be the next evolution of the franchise. Free entry with different "seasons" of content. Basically what Overwatch should have been.

Xevross

Uh that's a shame. Although if it was going to be Blops 3 quality then we're not missing much. The story has gone rapidly downhill with each Black Ops instalment. Maybe it was time to have a break.

the-pi-guy

Uh that's a shame. Although if it was going to be Blops 3 quality then we're not missing much. The story has gone rapidly downhill with each Black Ops instalment. Maybe it was time to have a break.
So you're saying I'm not missing much if I don't play 3?  

Xevross

So you're saying I'm not missing much if I don't play 3? 
I'm saying you'd be better off doing pretty much anything else with your time rather than playing that. I only slightly enjoyed it because I played it all co-op with a friend.

the-pi-guy

I'm saying you'd be better off doing pretty much anything else with your time rather than playing that. I only slightly enjoyed it because I played it all co-op with a friend.
That's a shame, 1 and 2 were pretty good.  

Xevross

That's a shame, 1 and 2 were pretty good.  
Yep they were. Its just so weird, and it barely makes any sense.

BananaKing

Now that they're fully embracing the microtransaction model, which took WAY longer than I thought it would take them, idk why they bother with SP at all.

They could easily go the Fortnite route and release completely free and people would buy the hell out of all of the content. That has to be the next evolution of the franchise. Free entry with different "seasons" of content. Basically what Overwatch should have been.
They are making way much more money like this. When they have 20 million people buying the game and then spending money on DLC AND microtransactions it's just much more profitable than going free to play. They are literally making billions each year with this model. Free to play would just not make enough money per user to make up for it

Dr. Pezus

Uh oh. I bet they'll have a battle royale mode

Spoiler for Hidden:
called it

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
called it

Checks tweet time.

Checks your post time.

Related image

Xevross

Checks tweet time.

Checks your post time.

Related image
Twitter shows the time of the person who embedded it I believe.

Battle royale would be dumb, so of course they're going to do it

Dr. Pezus

Checks tweet time.

Checks your post time.

Related image
You think I'm just hanging out on Twitter all day?  :o

the-pi-guy