Game Freak looking to "hype up" Pokémon in 2018

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 05, 2018, 11:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Game Freak looking to "hype up" Pokémon in 2018 | ResetEra

Kazumasa Iwao said:  
Happy New Year. In 2017 we were able to release Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, and we express our deep gratitude to everyone who has been playing it. In 2018 we will still continue to hype up Pokemon, so please look forward to it.Click to expand...
If this refers to the mainline Pokémon game that's coming to the Switch is uncertain. But considering that we already know that Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are the last mainline Pokémon games that the 3DS will ever get, I'd say that the chances of this referring to Pokémon Switch are pretty good. If that's the case, then a 2018 release for the game(s) may end up happening, as The Pokémon Company doesn't usually drag out hype cycles beyond the year of the reveal as of recently.Source: Famitsu (quote found on GoNintendo)  

Xevross

What does this even mean? :o

the-pi-guy

What does this even mean? :o
That there's a good chance a Pokemon Switch title will release this year.

Xevross

That there's a good chance a Pokemon Switch title will release this year.
Well it could also mean they're just hyping up a new game which will release in 2019. They might as well have just said nothing :-\

the-pi-guy

Well it could also mean they're just hyping up a new game which will release in 2019. They might as well have just said nothing :-\
That's why the OP has "The Pokémon Company doesn't usually drag out hype cycles beyond the year of the reveal as of recently."

Doesn't mean a lot, but here at VizionEck we have something called optimism.  

Xevross

That's why the OP has "The Pokémon Company doesn't usually drag out hype cycles beyond the year of the reveal as of recently."

Doesn't mean a lot, but here at VizionEck we have something called optimism.  
Lol I saw that but it's still nothing concrete so it's really nothing.

I'm optimistic that they'll make it a fantastic game no matter how long it takes them :D

Cute Pikachu

If Nintendo wants to sell the 20+ Million Switches they predict for the next fiscal year then it'll come out at the end of 2018.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

If Nintendo wants to sell the 20+ Million Switches they predict for the next fiscal year then it'll come out at the end of 2018.
Yeah I thought it was already assumed this year.