Started by ethomaz, Feb 09, 2017, 11:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Legend

ethomaz

Feb 09, 2017, 11:07 PM Last Edit: Feb 09, 2017, 11:13 PM by ethomaz
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-tops-january-2017-us-sales

MS looks salty lol

"In its own statement, Microsoft said 2017 is off to a "strong start" for the Xbox One as the number of hours players spent playing games on the console grew 21 percent year-over-year. Additionally, Xbox One sales grew year-over-year in January, something that cannot be said for the PS4, according to Microsoft."

Raven

MS looks salty lol

"In its own statement, Microsoft said 2017 is off to a "strong start" for the Xbox One as the number of hours players spent playing games on the console grew 21 percent year-over-year. Additionally, Xbox One sales grew year-over-year in January, something that cannot be said for the PS4, according to Microsoft."
Lol wow. That's some salty shame right there. If I were Sony, I'd release a counter statement along the lines of, "PS4 has won January yet again, something Xbox has yet to do".

Legend

MS looks salty lol

That's incredibly odd for Microsoft to say. Maybe gamespot added that.

ethomaz

"Sony confirmed the news with GameSpot, also noting four of the five best-selling games during the month were for PS4."

Xevross

That's incredibly odd for Microsoft to say. Maybe gamespot added that.
Gamespot did add that. Microsoft didn't mention PS4.

Bit disappointing that PS4 is down YOY but that should change in February

Legend

Aw ya
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  PS4 Tops January 2017 US Sales

Originally Posted by theviolenthero

That quote isn't from MS. That's something Gamespot added.

“Thanks to continued support by our fans, 2017 is off to a strong start as Xbox One game hours grew 21 percent year-over-year,” Mike Nichols, corporate vice president of Xbox Marketing, noted in a statement sent to GamesBeat. “In addition, in the U.S., Xbox One had its best January to date and was the only eighth generation console that saw growth in January compared to the prior year according to NPD Group. Team Xbox is committed to delivering the best gaming experiences for our fans.”http://venturebeat.com/2017/02/09/xb...won-the-month/
 This is the exact quote.

nnodley

Yeah but it could just be like 5% down which is not that bad.  We shall see once some numbers leak or if they do. And for all we know Xbox One could be up like 1-2%

Xevross

Yeah but it could just be like 5% down which is not that bad.  We shall see once some numbers leak or if they do. And for all we know Xbox One could be up like 1-2%
Yep. Still, with slim and pro I was hoping PS4 would be up

nnodley

Yep. Still, with slim and pro I was hoping PS4 would be up
yeah for sure.  It looked like there was a spike in ps4 and ps4 pro orders on amazon after the Horizon previews so I'm definitely expecting, like you, Feb to be up yoy quite a bit because of it.  I have no doubt Horizon will be big for sony.

Xevross

yeah for sure.  It looked like there was a spike in ps4 and ps4 pro orders on amazon after the Horizon previews so I'm definitely expecting, like you, Feb to be up yoy quite a bit because of it.  I have no doubt Horizon will be big for sony.
I'll be shocked if feb and march aren't up YOY with the amazing games and the offer in feb.

Horzion will be big, but how big?  ???

DerNebel

MS had an awful january last year, so it wouldn't be that hard to be up YoY from that. The PS4s 2016 january was pretty strong, but generally looking at past NPD data it looks like january in general isn't the sales month it used to be.

Legend

I'll be shocked if feb and march aren't up YOY with the amazing games and the offer in feb.

Horzion will be big, but how big?  ???
4 million lifetime, that's my Horizon bet.

Xevross

4 million lifetime, that's my Horizon bet.
I think Sony would be quite disappointed with that.

I think it will get to 7m with bundles

Go Up