Space exploration and rockets general thread

Started by Legend, Jan 07, 2017, 05:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Legend

I really hope it's a good launch. A RUD would suck regardless, but it'd be so hard to have Falcon Heavy pushed back by 6 months.

Legend

Legend

Feb 01, 2018, 01:38 AM Last Edit: Feb 01, 2018, 01:57 AM by Legend
Plot twist!

Legend

Falcon Heavy man rating has been shelved. BFR is progressing quickly and the lunar Falcon Heavy flyby has been moved to BFR. Nice!

DD_Bwest

Falcon Heavy man rating has been shelved. BFR is progressing quickly and the lunar Falcon Heavy flyby has been moved to BFR. Nice!
lets hope the wait isnt as long as falcon heavy was lol

lots of unanswered questions yet,  we really need to see construction pick up at boca chica, and they still need a test stand for BFR lol

Legend

lets hope the wait isnt as long as falcon heavy was lol

lots of unanswered questions yet,  we really need to see construction pick up at boca chica, and they still need a test stand for BFR lol
BFS can do grasshoper tests with a really simple pad. I expect that's what they expect for around the end of the year.

Legend

Floating falcon 9 booster was scuttled. Couldn't figure out a way to safely return it to port, so SpaceX had the government shoot it with a missile.

DD_Bwest

lol makes sense.  cant have foreign gov.s trying to recover it to steal tech

Legend

Feb 12, 2018, 06:15 PM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2018, 06:47 PM by Legend
New droneship

FH expendable price

Fairing 2.0

And China really needs to get their new launch sites online.

Legend

PAZ is early tomorrow tomorrow morning. Includes 2 prototype satellites made by SpaceX for space internet.

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

DD_Bwest

PAZ is early tomorrow tomorrow morning. Includes 2 prototype satellites made by SpaceX for space internet.
its relatively close to sunrise. i winder if we will get a similar display as the sunset launch not long ago

Go Up