Deep Silver Acquires Homefront IP from Crytek (Developing In-House)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 30, 2014, 04:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Clearly tired of Crytek's "transitional phase," publisher Deep Silver's parent company has acquired the Homefront intellectual property and related assets from Crytek. Homefront: The Revolution was under production at Crytek UK, with recent reports declaring production had halted and the game's director resigned.

The game will now be completed by the newly founded Nottingham-based Deep Silver Dambuster Studio. We've followed up with Deep Silver about whether staff from Crytek UK is transitioning over and will update with any further details.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Koch Media Acquires Homefront® IP - New Development Studio Founded
Nottingham-based Deep Silver Dambuster Studios to take over development of Homefront: The Revolution

Larkspur, Calif., July 30, 2014 - Today, Koch Media together with its publishing label Deep Silver announces that it has acquired the Homefront® brand and all coherent assets from Crytek. This includes Homefront: The Revolution which was previously announced on June 2nd, 2014. The development will be continued in newly founded, Nottingham-based Deep Silver Dambuster Studios.

"We are thrilled to see another great IP joining the Deep Silver universe," says Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media Group. "We strongly believe in the potential of Homefront: The Revolution and trust in the new team to continue the path they have been walking in the last years."

Deep Silver Dambuster Studios is the third development studio within the Koch Media Group, joining Deep Silver Volition and Deep Silver Fishlabs.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/30/homefront-acquired-by-deep-silver-production-of-sequel-to-conti/

DD_Bwest

didnt crytek just recently finally pay a bunch of its employees?   lol

Raven

didnt crytek just recently finally pay a bunch of its employees?   lol

I believe they were also talking up how good the game would look. Crytek is pretty much done.

BananaKing

I believe they were also talking up how good the game would look. Crytek is pretty much done.

they are a shame studio. it was just a matter of time. i personally am amazed how much they stayed along for.

ethomaz

they are a shame studio. it was just a matter of time. i personally am amazed how much they stayed along for.

They have a great Engine... that is what hold them for so long.

BananaKing

They have a good Engine... that is what hold them for so long.

that is eclipsed by unreal. and the cheaper games prefer unity. very few games use CryEngine. they wont leave a hole in the industry once they are gone. they tried to play with the big dogs but could never keep up.

Legend

I liked ryse though...

DD_Bwest

Dr. Pezus

Isn't Deep Silver a german company, too?

ethomaz

I liked ryse though...

Promising new IP but bad executed by Crytek in terms of gameplay wise... maybe the fact the game required to be a launch title did hurt the development... same happened to Killzone, Knack, etc.

ethomaz

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

So does this mean the new Homefront will be good then?

Legend

So does this mean the new Homefront will be good then?

Probably doesn't make a big difference.

DrakeSnake