Microsoft FY16 Q3 Results: Revenue $20.5 Billion, Op Income $5.3 Billion, Net Profit $3.8 Billion

Started by Aura7541, Apr 21, 2016, 09:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

Earnings Release FY16 Q3
Microsoft Cloud Strength Highlights Third Quarter Results
Commercial cloud annualized revenue run rate exceeds $10.0 billion; Windows 10 active on over 270 million devices

REDMOND, Wash. -- April 21, 2016 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced the following results for the quarter ended March 31, 2016:
·        Revenue was $20.5 billion GAAP, and $22.1 billion non-GAAP
·        Operating income was $5.3 billion GAAP, and $6.8 billion non-GAAP
·        Net income was $3.8 billion GAAP, and $5.0 billion non-GAAP
·        Earnings per share was $0.47 GAAP, and $0.62 non-GAAP
"Organizations using digital technology to transform and drive new growth increasingly choose Microsoft as a partner," said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer at Microsoft. "As these organizations turn to us, we're seeing momentum across Microsoft's cloud services and with Windows 10."
The following table reconciles our financial results reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP") to non-GAAP financial results. Microsoft has provided this non-GAAP financial information to aid investors in better understanding the company's performance. All growth comparisons relate to the corresponding period in the last fiscal year.

More Xbox-Related Information

·        Xbox Live monthly active users grew 26% year-over-year to 46 million

·        Gaming revenue increased $64 million or 4%, primarily due to higher revenue from Xbox Live and video games, offset in part by lower Xbox hardware revenue. Xbox Live revenue increased 22%, driven by higher revenue per transaction and volumes of transactions, as well as growth in subscribers. Video games revenue grew 9%, driven by the sales of Minecraft. Xbox hardware revenue decreased 26%, mainly due to a decline in Xbox 360 console volume and lower prices of Xbox One consoles sold.

You can read more about Microsoft's other products and services from this summary or this full report.

Aura7541

Apr 21, 2016, 10:00 PM Last Edit: Apr 21, 2016, 10:02 PM by Aura7541

Dr. Pezus

How about some sales numbers, ms

Legend

I guess you made the thread afterall ;)

How about some sales numbers, ms
But that'd make them look bad

Aura7541

I guess you made the thread afterall ;)
Ethomaz is being lazy and no one else was doing it, so I was like "Screw it, I guess I'll make the thread" :P

darkknightkryta

9 more million people "got" live in a quarter.  That's a high number.  Hardware sales don't match up to it.  Is there another way to get a live sub?

Mmm_fish_tacos

9 more million people "got" live in a quarter.  That's a high number.  Hardware sales don't match up to it.  Is there another way to get a live sub?
I think they count silver. They gave win 10 away for free. If they wanted to play windows xbox games I believe they would have needed an account.

darkknightkryta

I think they count silver. They gave win 10 away for free. If they wanted to play windows xbox games I believe they would have needed an account.
Yeah, but what would cause a 9 million people spike?

ethomaz

Windows 10.

Legend

Windows 10 wasn't even out last year.

Xevross

All hail our lord and savior MAUcrosoft!

Xevross

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Microsoft: XBox Live MAU up 26% YoY to 46 million

So Xbox One console volume seems to be up from last fiscal year for the 9 month period (July - March). Found by SoonyXboneUhh. Link to this here on page 40.
• Gaming revenue increased $284 million or 4%, primarily due to higher revenue from Xbox Live and video games, offset in part by lower Xbox hardware revenue. Xbox Live revenue increased 21%, driven by higher revenue per transaction and volumes of transactions, as well as growth in subscribers. Video games revenue grew 41%, driven by the launch of Halo 5 and sales of Minecraft. We acquired Mojang AB, the Swedish video game developer of the Minecraft gaming franchise, in November 2014. Xbox hardware revenue decreased 14%, mainly due to a decline in Xbox 360 console volume and lower prices of Xbox One consoles sold, offset in part by higher Xbox One console volume.

Dr. Pezus

So yeah, how much did it sell in the 9 months last fiscal year?

Xevross

So yeah, how much did it sell in the 9 months last fiscal year?
Ah, a very good question.

XB1+ 360 was 10.6m at this point last year. 360 is heavily down while XB1 is slightly up. We can be 99% sure XB1 will have shipped less than 10m this FY so far. I guess we can't say much more than that though.

ethomaz

It is fudgy nothing.gif