Xevross

Jul 16, 2018, 09:28 PM Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 09:37 PM by Xevross
The one with the dumpling baby? 
Yeah.
That was weird. 
Very weird, but it was so emotional :'(

Just watched Incredibles 2.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I don't remember superheroes being illegal in the first movie.
Like, I know they had some legal troubles, but I don't recall them being completely illegal.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Apparently no one knows that Jack Jack has powers, which felt weird.  Because in the last few scenes of the first movie, you see Jack Jack exploding with powers. 

Spoiler for Hidden:

I didn't realize who the actors were of the first movie, and we were given a little video with the voice actors.  And it kind of bothered me because now I could put together the voice and the character, and it took me out of it a little bit.  Because a few times, all I could hear was the voice actor. 

The movie was great.  Pretty predictable. 

Spoiler for Hidden:

The movie wasn't just a flip of the first.  It was really awesome to see Bob really take the dad role instead of the superhero role this time.  I'm kind of wondering if there was any outrage about this movie with that.  Probably best I don't know.  But it was filled with lots of just great moments of being a dad, and not just overly positive, but a lot of stuff about the challenges. 

It was nice that Violet had a bigger part.  I feel like Helen got a way better part.  I feel like Dash kind of got forgotten in the movie.  He just didn't have as much of a role.  Edna felt more like a throwback, than having a real part.
[/size]
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yep, you&#39;d forgotten that.<br><br>He was high up in the air and they didn&#39;t see what happened.<br><br>You&#39;re weird.<br><br>I thought all the characters were utilised well. I thought Dash and Violet were both used well, but they were done so well in the first film it was hard to improve, and its especially hard to do anything fresh with Dash&#39;s power. Jack Jack was undoubtedly my favourite part of the film, he was super cute and hilarious constantly, and his powers are amazing. I loved that he was useful at the end and basically saved them all too. His fight with the Racoon was really great.<br><br>Edna was more of a cameo, sure, but I loved it. She was done really well again. Biggest disappointment is that Honey only got one line.<br><br>And yeah it was fairly predictable but not completely so. It was less predictable than most Pixar films at least.

Man I want to go straight back and watch it again, which I probably am doing (made plans to watch it on Wednesday  :D  )

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>&gt;Yep, you&#39;d forgotten that.<br><br><br>In the first movie they didn&#39;t outright say it, though. <br>It fits into how the first movie starts, but the second movie makes it sound much more serious than the first one did. &nbsp;

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:

>Yep, you'd forgotten that.

In the first movie they didn't outright say it, though.
It fits into how the first movie starts, but the second movie makes it sound much more serious than the first one did.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well I also watched the first film today and it seemed the same to me. I&#39;m pretty sure they outright said it, and it was an important plot point that supers aren&#39;t allowed to do anything.

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well I also watched the first film today and it seemed the same to me. I'm pretty sure they outright said it, and it was an important plot point that supers aren't allowed to do anything.

To me, it just feels like it was framed a bit differently in the second.  Doesn't hurt the movie though.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

He was high up in the air and they didn't see what happened.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yeah, I rewatched the first movie just to see how things lined up. &nbsp;<br><br><br>This felt weird to me. &nbsp;<br><br>Depending on what you took away from the first, the second one can feel weird. &nbsp;<br><br>The way, the second movie clearly means it, is that they were too far away to see that Jack Jack had powers. &nbsp;<br><br>But if you didn&#39;t realize they were too far away, then it can feel weird that they didn&#39;t know what happened at first. <br><br>Its kind of interesting because it&#39;s a fairly big plot point in the second movie, but there&#39;s a subtle distinction between the two interpretation of events in the first movie. &nbsp;<br>

Xevross

To me, it just feels like it was framed a bit differently in the second.  Doesn't hurt the movie though.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

Yeah, I rewatched the first movie just to see how things lined up.  

This felt weird to me.  

Depending on what you took away from the first, the second one can feel weird.  

The way, the second movie clearly means it, is that they were too far away to see that Jack Jack had powers.  

But if you didn't realize they were too far away, then it can feel weird that they didn't know what happened at first.

Its kind of interesting because it's a fairly big plot point in the second movie, but there's a subtle distinction between the two interpretation of events in the first movie.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yeah maybe it was slightly, but it was the exactly the same for all intents and purposes of the film.<br><br>Eh, I don&#39;t think I ever considered they noticed Jack-Jack using powers. Whether you think they should have noticed from there or not, the film made it extremely obvious that they hadn&#39;t noticed and thought he had no powers at the end.<br>

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Box office nerds rejoice! It seemed like Disney were going to let BP stall at $699.9M but this weekend its re-expanding its theatre count and will finally get over that $700M domestic line. Nice.

Legend

I saw the emoji movie. Not that bad actually. Pretty comparable to modern Pixar outside Coco.

Legend

Finally watched Get Out.  I liked the ideas it presented in the movie, but I can't say it was my favorite movie.  Some good twists that I kind of expected, but had a couple variations of them in my head most of the time.

Also watched The Invitation.  Super slow burn movie with a decent ending.

Now trying Radius. Man gets in a crash and then everything in a certain radius of him starts dying.  Just started so we will see if it's good.  it has a high 91% on rotten tomatoes
Saw radius thanks to your post. Pretty good but a little slow.

nnodley

Saw radius thanks to your post. Pretty good but a little slow.
yeah it took a while to get going and never really fully got going, but had a pretty good surprise twist in the end.

Legend

I'm pumped!

Dr. Pezus

I'm pumped!
Haven't seen split and had no idea this was a trilogy until very recently

DD_Bwest

Long Live the king

Xevross

Loved Incredibles 2 even more the second time round. The Edna and Jack Jack scenes are probably my favourite comedy scenes ever (except for the majority of Hot Fuzz  :P ). Might be competing with Coco for my favourite Pixar film, they really have nailed it recently. I re-watched Ratatouille as well and I enjoyed it, that's a great film. 

Starting tomorrow afternoon I'm doing a full MCU marathon with a couple of friends, should be fun! We're skipping Hulk and Iron Man 2 I think but apart from that watching them all.

Legend

Oh I also finally saw Solo.

It tried to be good and I liked some things about it but it really lacked polish imo. A lot of the elements just didn't fit together as good as they should have. Robot was great.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Felt very rogue one like at first with everyone dying, but then in the end I was very surprised it was setup so strongly to have a sequel. Also Darth Maul is back!!! His CGI was horrible and it was handled in probably the dorkiest way possible (they really wanted to hit people over the head with reminding people who he was) but he was my second favorite prequel character.

Go Up