VizionEck

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 07:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

;D judging by the "Woohoo!", it sounds like a huge relief to finally get it working.
Wow, you are so smart!!  I hadn't figured that out myself but here you are with your brilliant deduction skills as ever.

Legend

;D judging by the "Woohoo!", it sounds like a huge relief to finally get it working.
I thought the "That's been a huge mess I've struggled learning for years." part made it a bit more obvious than the woohoo  ::)

But yeah it's a relief. I'm a moron who had essentially zero experience with game development, essentially zero experience with programing, and literally zero experience with networking, and thought "hey, I should make my first game have console multiplayer!"

Legend

After Cube Royale releases, I'd like to expand it into an MMO with a huge open world. That would be super fun  ;D

Could have cube economies, cube kingdoms waging cube war, and cube mounts to ride around on. If only

the-pi-guy

After Cube Royale releases, I'd like to expand it into an MMO with a huge open world. That would be super fun  ;D

Could have cube economies, cube kingdoms waging cube war, and cube mounts to ride around on. If only
Release date= I am working on it!  (20 years later).

Legend

Release date= I am working on it!  (20 years later).
IF that happens, I still might release before Cube World ;D

Legend

Remember that second framerate thing I was talking about? Well I finished moving it over to its own thread. Now it runs faster.  :P

Legend

I did a super small friend tournament for VizionEck Cube Royale yesterday.

I won  ::)

Dr. Pezus

I did a super small friend tournament for VizionEck Cube Royale yesterday.

I won  ::)
It was meant to be

Legend

I love that I ditched the mechanic of colored surfaces affecting the gameplay.

I can give levels so much more visual identity now. Right now I have ~10 playtesting levels and they all feel unique, vs before I struggled having even just a few standout.

Legend

No blog post this week. I've been too busy trying to hit a deadline. Sorry.  :'(

Legend

I'm thinking of changing how game modes (like deathmatch, king of the hill, etc.) work. Instead of having one game mode for every configuration, it'll have general game modes and then modifiers that can be applied to them.

This modularity would help decrease clutter and make the rules more straightforward when in a lobby. Also gives more options when setting up a custom match.

Legend

Sorry I'm sick today and couldn't get a blog post published. It'll be back next week.

the-pi-guy

Do you have some sort of dictionary for your conlang either in game or a piece of software for your own personal reference?  

Been thinking of implementing something to basically be able to use a new script in my own text editor.

Legend

Do you have some sort of dictionary for your conlang either in game or a piece of software for your own personal reference?  

Been thinking of implementing something to basically be able to use a new script in my own text editor.
You should be able to create a font and display it like standard text.

I made a web app to write in my conlang but I can only view my script in game. Every piece of text needs to be rendered by Unity into a texture.

My dictionary is a standard mySQL table and some php to help search it. Do you want help setting up something like that?

the-pi-guy

Oct 01, 2017, 11:50 PM Last Edit: Oct 01, 2017, 11:54 PM by the-pi-guy
You should be able to create a font and display it like standard text.

I made a web app to write in my conlang but I can only view my script in game. Every piece of text needs to be rendered by Unity into a texture.

My dictionary is a standard mySQL table and some php to help search it. Do you want help setting up something like that?
Thanks, but i think I'll work something out.  
I'm not really sure what the easiest way to go about creating a font is, and I wasn't sure how flexible it is.  What if I wanted to make like 100 characters or something?

Actually fontstruct looks neat.

Go Up