God of War Game Informer New Details

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 05, 2018, 11:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Yeah, no not "any". Big RPGs nowadays regularly take 5 years+ to make, like FFXV, Mass Effect Andromeda, Horizon, Kingdom Hearts 3 or Fallout 4.

And no, "pre-production" or "they changed what they were making and only actually started on the final game x years before it launched" are not valid counter arguments to this. These development detours can happen with any game and are regularly included when devs talk about the time it took them to make the final product. I mean who knows what God of War was supposed to be when it started production.
Andromeda, Fallout 4 and Horizon took 5 plus years to make?  I doubt Fallout and Andromeda did.  Horizon was done in 4.  Who knows if they even actually started Kingdom Hearts since I don't trust Square's capabilities to make any games.
I agree, but game development time and costs have ballooned. PS1 games often took months. PS2 games often took a year or two.  PS3 games often took 2-4 years.  PS4 doesnt seem to be changing that.   And it's bizarre that you seem to be ignoring that. 
I'm not, All Mass Effect games were made on 2 year schedules.  Same with all the Uncharteds.  God of War is normally on 4 year schedule, but Santa Monica is also a coding house working on a lot of projects at a time.