Recent Posts

Pages 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Gaming Community / Re: Say Anything About The Gam...
Last post by Legend - Apr 12, 2024, 11:24 PM
Yes, it's a decent sized open world and the puzzle types are repeated a lot. I'd say the main puzzle type is a grid based puzzle that you fill in with black and white square but the grid puzzles come in different variations with a variation of rules.
I'd say there are about 15 puzzle types, each repeated hundreds of times throughout the world a few having variations. There are logic puzzles like the grid based game, speed puzzles like glass mazes and visual/hidden objects puzzles.
Definitely not a game for everybody and definitely not perfect (especially the skill tree/upgrades) but it's a shame they are using this as a platform to build from. Also the name 'Islands of Insight' sucks  ;D
I don't mind the name. It's at least better than superland or whatever that game is.
Forum Community / Weekly Update #424
Last post by The Machine - Apr 12, 2024, 06:00 PM
Hello,

It's Friday! Here are the top ten topics from the past week that you most likely didn't see.

The rumor mill: the saga of Dead Space 2/Remake 2/Whatever else is going on
Views: 27

New Star Wars Outlaws trailer
Views: 28

Japan to have humans on the Moon
Views: 32

The Triple-i Initiative 2024: A New Gaming Showcase [Today, 10 am pdt / 1pm edt / 7pm cest]
Views: 35

Weekly Update #423
Views: 50

Not E3 2024 - Summer Games Fest 2024
Views: 51

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom kinda sucks
Views: 57

Eclipse megathread
Views: 81

The top poster of the past week was Legend with 27 posts. This has earned them a ticket in the monthly raffle. the-Pi-guy was second with 18 posts and nnodley was third with 7 posts.

The top thread starter of the past week was also Legend with 4 topics. This has earned them an additional ticket in the monthly raffle.

the-Pi-guy received the most likes this week (8), and Legend liked the most things this week (17). They both get a ticket in the monthly raffle.

I'll be back next week with with another thread.
Last post by SWORDF1SH - Apr 12, 2024, 12:58 AM
Wow 90 hours? And this is a puzzle game?
Yes, it's a decent sized open world and the puzzle types are repeated a lot. I'd say the main puzzle type is a grid based puzzle that you fill in with black and white square but the grid puzzles come in different variations with a variation of rules.
I'd say there are about 15 puzzle types, each repeated hundreds of times throughout the world a few having variations. There are logic puzzles like the grid based game, speed puzzles like glass mazes and visual/hidden objects puzzles.
Definitely not a game for everybody and definitely not perfect (especially the skill tree/upgrades) but it's a shame they are using this as a platform to build from. Also the name 'Islands of Insight' sucks  ;D
Off-Topic Community / Re: General Discussion Thread
Last post by Legend - Apr 11, 2024, 11:00 PM
Some people are bothered by YouTube's new UI.

I'm more bothered by the playlists not showing you the first video they're going to show.
I think I'm on an older version of youtube but yes every update always makes it worse
Gaming Community / Re: Helldivers 2 |OT| Trying t...
Last post by Legend - Apr 11, 2024, 11:00 PM
Without the twitter replies I wouldn't have any clue what the joke was.
Off-Topic Community / Re: General Discussion Thread
Last post by the-pi-guy - Apr 11, 2024, 06:08 PM
Some people are bothered by YouTube's new UI.

I'm more bothered by the playlists not showing you the first video they're going to show.
Gaming Community / Re: Helldivers 2 |OT| Trying t...
Last post by the-pi-guy - Apr 11, 2024, 06:03 PM
Last post by Legend - Apr 11, 2024, 04:05 PM
It sucks that the developers of Islands of Insight have given up on it. It wasn't perfect but absolutely loved the concept, a concept which probably won't be done again by anybody and a slim to no chance the developers reverse their decision to right Islands of Insight off and develop this game into something special.

Did the developers right this game off to early?  They literally gave up on it a month into launch. A huge project that took years to make just abandoned. It's set up like a live service game so it's not like it's dead in the water. Live service game can take a while to build up users and with constant updates you can improve the game, bring in new player while keeping existing players engaged.  
This game had so much potential!
Still playing it. About 90 hours in and still stuff I want to do.
Wow 90 hours? And this is a puzzle game?
Last post by SWORDF1SH - Apr 11, 2024, 07:58 AM
It sucks that the developers of Islands of Insight have given up on it. It wasn't perfect but absolutely loved the concept, a concept which probably won't be done again by anybody and a slim to no chance the developers reverse their decision to right Islands of Insight off and develop this game into something special.

Did the developers right this game off to early?  They literally gave up on it a month into launch. A huge project that took years to make just abandoned. It's set up like a live service game so it's not like it's dead in the water. Live service game can take a while to build up users and with constant updates you can improve the game, bring in new player while keeping existing players engaged.  
This game had so much potential!
Still playing it. About 90 hours in and still stuff I want to do.
Game News Discussion / Re: The rumor mill: the saga o...
Last post by Legend - Apr 11, 2024, 03:35 AM
Woops.

Would have loved a new game. Dead Space 2 is the only one I've played but it was great.
Pages 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10