The Youtube Gamer interestometer 2017

Started by Legend, Jun 10, 2017, 02:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Said Days Gone video now:

dang, this place has so many views! 1.5m on God of War, 1.7m on Spidey, 1.1m on Anthem... crazy

DerNebel

dang, this place has so many views! 1.5m on God of War, 1.7m on Spidey, 1.1m on Anthem... crazy
Yeah and it's not like this is some creator, that people watch for his personality. That channel seems to be used exclusively for uploading other companies trailers/gameplay videos.

Xevross

Yeah and it's not like this is some creator, that people watch for his personality. That channel seems to be used exclusively for uploading other companies trailers/gameplay videos.
Which is really odd. Do you think they make any money off it?

DerNebel

Which is really odd. Do you think they make any money off it?
The guy that runs that channel? I assume so. Most companies want as many people as possible to see their trailers, don't think they mind very much that some guys make money using those.

Legend

All shows accounted for!

Riderz1337

Not sure if this has been posted but this GOW trailer has 2.3M views...

Spiderman has 2.7M...

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Not sure if this has been posted but this GOW trailer has 2.3M views...

Spiderman has 2.7M...

I've added some but they really make no sense most of the time.

That channel has tons of views for almost every video so I'd have to add basically all of them for it to make sense.

Instead of you only stick to official channels for most cases, the results are much more statistically meaningful and can be compared to other uploads from the past.

Xevross

I've added some but they really make no sense most of the time.

That channel has tons of views for almost every video so I'd have to add basically all of them for it to make sense.

Instead of you only stick to official channels for most cases, the results are much more statistically meaningful and can be compared to other uploads from the past.
I don't know, often people don't try and find official channels to watch trailers, they just click on the first one they see, which is often the one with the highest views.

It might be good to compare views for videos on this channel alone

Legend

Both metroid games are about to pass god of war.

Xevross

Both metroid games are about to pass god of war.

Meanwhile God of War also has 5x their views....

Man this thread is actually useless. Its a nice idea but it doesn't work

Legend

Meanwhile God of War also has 5x their views....

Man this thread is actually useless. Its a nice idea but it doesn't work
Haha you didn't know about 3rd party uploads before this year?

Xevross

Haha you didn't know about 3rd party uploads before this year?
I never thought about it before, and I think this year the main channels (especially Sony) have barely got any of the total views, when in previous years they still got most of them

Legend

I never thought about it before, and I think this year the main channels (especially Sony) have barely got any of the total views, when in previous years they still got most of them
Previous years have more or less been the same.

The first links to go up on reddit, gaf, etc. are always from 3rd party uploaders. Some places go back and use official links once they're up, but most don't.

Nevertheless, I still feel it's a pretty good sample. If you only focus on specific channels year over year and compare games with each other from the same year, those outside variables seem to act pretty consistently.

Plus per video there's still interesting stuff like the like to view ratio and viewership over time.

the-pi-guy

Yes we thought about it before.  We had this discussion last year.   >:(

The spider man video has very similar view counts on this video and one in list. Can you add them together?
This is one of the biggest things Sony did!
Should we be adding rehosts/3rd party though?
Otherwise we'd have to search for all the MS rehosts with lots of views too.
Well we're making an interestometer aren't we? Not a which channel is more popularometer. How about we just find the most popular version of each trailer then? Most of the time it'll be on PS or xbox but we can replace it if there's another
Yeah I think that works.

I added the three you posted.
Legend was more strict about it in 2015 (but I think I saw some exceptions while looking).  
Last year there were a handful of exceptions.

Kerotan

Wow that random dude who uploaded the days gone video has 4.1m views on it.

Go Up