The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I picked up The Crew 2 on sale, and as someone who really liked the first game I'm extremely disappointed. Almost everything good about it has gone. There's no real meaningful progression, no reason to buy any cars and no reason to drive around the map since you can just teleport everywhere from the get-go. The vehicle variety doesn't really make up for it either, because all the events get really samey and boring after a while, plus I really don't like the boat physics or the off-road races.

So yeah, don't bother with it.

Legend

I picked up The Crew 2 on sale, and as someone who really liked the first game I'm extremely disappointed. Almost everything good about it has gone. There's no real meaningful progression, no reason to buy any cars and no reason to drive around the map since you can just teleport everywhere from the get-go. The vehicle variety doesn't really make up for it either, because all the events get really samey and boring after a while, plus I really don't like the boat physics or the off-road races.

So yeah, don't bother with it.
Ouch. Do most other people online seem to agree with you?

Xevross

Ouch. Do most other people online seem to agree with you?
Uh, I don't think I've seen any talk of the game at all online.

Okay I read the era OT and it seems much like the Watch Dogs situation. Those who thought the first game was bad have a chance to like this one, but people who liked the first a lot like me aren't liking the sequel.

Man I really want to buy an Xbox One and play through all the forza games ;D

Legend

Uh, I don't think I've seen any talk of the game at all online.

Okay I read the era OT and it seems much like the Watch Dogs situation. Those who thought the first game was bad have a chance to like this one, but people who liked the first a lot like me aren't liking the sequel.

Man I really want to buy an Xbox One and play through all the forza games ;D
Forza Horizon is awesome. I played the first on 360 and would love to play the newer ones.

Regular Forza is too boring  ;D

Xevross

Forza Horizon is awesome. I played the first on 360 and would love to play the newer ones.

Regular Forza is too boring  ;D
I played Forza 4 on 360 and I remember loving it. Maybe if I can get my dualshock 4 working with microsoft store games I could get them on PC.

Back to The Crew. First game was an 8/10 for me, so far this one feels like maybe a 6.

BananaKing

The Division is really fun. I'm certainly gonna get the next game and I am looking forward to it. Though I'm not gonna buy it at launch

Xevross

Hm so something caught me out with The Crew 2. There's 4 major categories: off road, street racing, pro racing and freestyle. And as you level up with XP/ followers overall you unlock a new discipline in each with each level. So when you reach popular for example you unlock moto cross from off-road, drift from street racing and stuff like that. There's a total of 4 levels, so 3 or 4 disciplines in each category.

What's weird though is that some give you a free vehicle in that discipline so you can take part in those events straight away, while others you have to go and buy a vehicle for that discipline. I missed a few that you had to buy and its added some events that I'm liking a lot and more variety. It also means you don't have to do everything to level up, so you can avoid events you dislike. Game's got a little bit better for me as a result.

Legend

Hm so something caught me out with The Crew 2. There's 4 major categories: off road, street racing, pro racing and freestyle. And as you level up with XP/ followers overall you unlock a new discipline in each with each level. So when you reach popular for example you unlock moto cross from off-road, drift from street racing and stuff like that. There's a total of 4 levels, so 3 or 4 disciplines in each category.

What's weird though is that some give you a free vehicle in that discipline so you can take part in those events straight away, while others you have to go and buy a vehicle for that discipline. I missed a few that you had to buy and its added some events that I'm liking a lot and more variety. It also means you don't have to do everything to level up, so you can avoid events you dislike. Game's got a little bit better for me as a result.
At this rate it'll be better than the first come tomorrow  ;)

Xevross

At this rate it'll be better than the first come tomorrow  ;)
Lol I don't think so. Its just fundamentally not as good in some key areas for me :(

Xevross

The Crew 2 probably has the worst rubber banding AI I've ever seen in any racing game. Its been annoying me more and more and its now starting to get offensive. There's some races where no matter how well you do the AI will just catch up right at the end and make it a photo finish. So if you're at the end of a long race and you make a small mistake then you're screwed and have to do it again. Small mistakes are also very easy to make because there's no racing line and sign posting telling you where to go is absolutely god awful. You have to spend half your time looking at the mini map to make sure you don't miss a turning, and that isn't fun at all and obviously makes you more likely to crash.

I've been stuck on one race for ages now because the opponent just gains some random insane speed from nowhere right at the end and wins, no matter what I do. Apparently its happening to everyone and the advice is to grind a lot to make your car better or just wait for them to fix the rubber banding which they said they're looking in to. Such fun.

Dr. Pezus

NMS Next got just 7 from IGN

Xevross

NMS Next got just 7 from IGN
Is this too low or about expected?

Just tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo on PC after getting my ds4 to work and holy hell this feels amazing compared to the crew. Buying the full game right now and I'm never touching the crew again  ;D

Dr. Pezus

Is this too low or about expected?

Just tried the Forza Horizon 3 demo on PC after getting my ds4 to work and holy hell this feels amazing compared to the crew. Buying the full game right now and I'm never touching the crew again  ;D
Yeah I think a bit low compared to the impressions I've seen. Haven't played either version myself though

Does fh3 run well?

Xevross

Yeah I think a bit low compared to the impressions I've seen. Haven't played either version myself though

Does fh3 run well?
Runs well enough

Legend

Go Up