Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for PS4, PS Vita, and PC coming west this fall (First YS game to be published by NISA)

Started by BasilZero, Feb 18, 2017, 04:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

NIS America is bringing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana to PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC in North America and Europe this fall, the company announced during its 2017 press event.
The game will feature English and Japanese audio, and English and French text.

Source: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for PS4, PS Vita, and PC coming west this fall - Gematsu

darkknightkryta

Steam is absorbing Japan D:

BasilZero

Steam is absorbing Japan D:
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NISA releasing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana in English (PS4/Vita/Steam) in 2017

fudge yeah for steam and i had to remember the interview from eurogamer with the CEO of Falcom.
During the Windows XP era the PC was your primary development platform. With the success of Steam as a platform for selling niche titles, and especially with the success of XSEED's localisations, have you considered moving back to the PC as a primary platform? And if not, why not? TK: I feel that, within Japan, there are many core gamers who want to play on consoles and we must respond to their needs. However, revenue on Steam is very good and putting not only older console titles, but new ones as well is something that we want to consider.Source

Probably the reason that Xseed lost Tokyo Xanadu and Ys was the lack of steam ports for their newer title.

darkknightkryta

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NISA releasing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana in English (PS4/Vita/Steam) in 2017
Probably the reason that Xseed lost Tokyo Xanadu and Ys was the lack of steam ports for their newer title.

Who published those then if not for xseed?

BasilZero

Who published those then if not for xseed?
Aksys Games

darkknightkryta

BasilZero

Interesting
They usually do Arc System works and Spike Chunsoft games .

I wonder what they will work on next considering Tokyo Xanadu came out.

ethomaz

That is really great.

I was close to buy the Ys Vita in sale few weeks ago.

BasilZero

That is really great.

I was close to buy the Ys Vita in sale few weeks ago.
Hoping that gets to ported to PS4/PC D: